Sunday 24 April 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 17


The spring holidays are drawing to an end and they were fab. We had ten days chilling (and wallpaper stripping !) at home then headed over for the best part of the second week to catch up with my mum, dad, sister and her boyfriend, which was lovely. It was the first time in nine months so it was great to finally see each other again. No more holidays until the summer now though - not good ! Well, there's no food in the house at the moment and Sophie will go shopping while I'm at work tomorrow, so it will all end up with whatever she comes home with ! Here's the plan though. I bought loads of new spice mixes and seasoning sachets to experiment with so fingers crossed they're nice !

Monday

lunch- I'm at the canteen - probably leftover pasta for the kids

dinner - American BBQ chicken with rice (seasoning sachet)

Tuesday

lunch- canteen for me - leftovers for the kids

dinner- chicken tacos or fajitas (using one of the sachets from my win - there are all sorts of different things in the box so I'll see what we fancy. Lime chicken fajitas sounds good to me)

Wednesday

lunch-  beefburger, couscous & ratatouille

dinner- chicken or beef casserole with baked potatoes and carrots (actually I'll probably put the carrots in the casserole)

Thursday

lunch - meal with a friend for me & Sophie, leftovers for Pierre, canteen for Juliette

dinner- chicken chow mein

Friday

lunch- Sophie can sort out something as I'll be home later (or there may be leftovers to use up)

dinner - cottage pie

Saturday

lunch- sfeha (Jordanian mince-filled pizza or pastry squares) with rice & salsa/tomato salad

dinner- charquican (a dish from Chile - similar to a souped up version of cottage pie actually so I may be able to use up leftovers, if there are any !)

Sunday 

lunch- roast chicken, roast potatoes, veg & gravy

dinner- spaghetti carbonara or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Linking up with the Menu Plan Roundup over at Cats, Kids, Chaos

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have had a great couple of weeks. I am so glad you got to see your family. The seasoning sachets sound interesting. You have some great meals planned. The Lime chicken fajitas do sound so good x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...