Sunday 5 February 2012

Introducing PHILADELPHIA with ... CADBURY ! (Yes, really !)

When I was asked if I'd like to try out a new variety of Philadelphia, I started wondering what the new added ingredient would be - chives ? salmon ? spring onions ? curry or some other spice ? When a sample arrived and I discovered it was Cadbury chocolate, my initial instinct was to recoil in horror ! Then I thought about it and all the gorgeous sweet Philadelphia dessert recipes I've been posting and suddenly realised that it actually had a lot of potential. Not just on toast but also in cheesecakes or as cupcake icing. Here's the official blurb :




Introducing PHILADELPHIA WITH cADBURY
Light Philadelphia blended with delicious milk chocolate guaranteed to hit the sweet spot


New Philadelphia with Cadbury or ‘Choccy Philly’ (as we like to call it) launches next week and it’s set to cause a taste sensation as people experience the brand new, unique taste of Light Philadelphia and Cadbury chocolate - blended together!

Together, these two contrasting flavours make a tasty and compatible pair - creating a cool and creamy chocolate spread. A satisfyingly, sweet treat for Philly and Cadbury lovers everywhere. 


Brand new ‘Choccy Philly’, just like the rest of the Philadelphia range is a versatile and reliable staple which will transform snack time.  The light textured and fresh tasting spread is equally delicious spread on bread, toast, bagels, biscuits, and even as a dip for fruit.

Bruce Newman, marketing manager for cheese at Kraft Foods says “We are hugely excited to present Philadelphia with Cadbury - a surprisingly delicious and totally unique chocolate experience. Choccy Philly is the coming together of two of the nation’s favourite brands, and whilst you may question it at first, we’re sure it will be love at first bite!”


With 86 calories per serving the delicious snack contains half the fat and less sugar than many other chocolate spreads (on a like for like basis) and guarantees to hit your sweet spot, day or night. 

Go on and add some sweetness to your life with Philadelphia with Cadbury – for more details or to share your thoughts on this exciting flavour combination visit www.facebook.com/philadelphiauk.



********************************************************

I've sampled it on toast where it's a lighter, less sugary (and lower calorie) but nevertheless delicious version of chocolate spread which is great for those who are watching their waistline, but I also want to get experimental in the kitchen. I can see this being fabulous in the summer for making healthy ice lollies or ice cream and I might even be tempted to try it in a Swiss roll or Arctic roll. The Philadelphia website also offers a whole host of recipesfor you to try here.

Philadelphia with Cadbury is available from February 2012 in most good supermarkets with an RRP of £1.62 for a 160g tub. It is also available in 30g Mini tubs and you can find it next to the current Philadelphia products in your supermarket’s refrigerated cheese aisle.

Philadelphia with Cadbury should be kept in the fridge (and happily not the naughty cupboard) – and can be enjoyed with a number of foods including bread, toast, bagels, biscuits, or fruit to name a few!

I've been chatting about #choccyphilly on twitter and everyone seems really enthusiastic - I seem to be the only one who was dubious ! You should be able to find it in the supermarket next week but I've been told it's already available on Ocado. Let me know what you think if you try it out !

star rating : 5/5


RRP : £1.62 for a 160g tub

for more information : http://www.philadelphia.co.uk

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

National Cupcake Week Recipes from Philadelphia 

Recipes for Sweet Treats with Philadelphia Cheese
Summer strawberry recipes with Philly cheese

19 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! As you say many toppings for cakes are made with icing sugar and cream cheese, so imagine this would work in the same way. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this on the PBN just now and had to come to your blog! I'm so excited to try this! Your right through, first reactions were to recoil but second was 'want it now!' x
    www.atwentysomethingmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds weird but interesting. Thanks for the review. I might buy some to try when I see it.
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I hadn't heard about this before now! I love love love normal philadelphia and use it more for cooking than on it's own - especially garlic and herb!

    This should be perfect for chocolate cheesecake, and cipcake toppings, and 1001 other things. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for it, but will it be with cheese, or chilled chololate puds??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says above, in your supermarket’s refrigerated cheese aisle :)

      Delete
  5. hmm I think this could be like Marmite but would be fab for baking cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does it actually taste like Cadbury's chocolate? I can see that this would be great for those who are watching their weight but want a low cal sweet treat - but I'll stick to my savoury Philly on a bagel, or in pasta, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does taste nice and chocolatey, give it a try before writing it off. I was dubious but it really is lovely !

      Delete
  7. I must admit, I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. first of all i thought i didnt like the sound of it but now i am thinking might be quite nice - will need to try and see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the sound of this, as long as it's got chocolate in it I will eat it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say when I opened the page I went oooo but I am not sure what I think about choc and cheese is it? I mean does it just taste of Choc? I am not sure I would try it tbh. I currently eat the shape deserts for my choc cravings, they are just under 100 calories a pot. Feels like I have eaten a naughty desert as well. I have to say the thought of this is tempting but I would hover at the fridge wondering if I should get it. Perhaps a sample size pack would be a good idea for them There might be others like me who like my nutella and might be swayed but takes convincing lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel quite dubious about this - in my mind it just doesn't work - but an interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure about the sound of this one, if it aint broke leave it alone! I love Philly! However my daughter said she thought it was amazing.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely. I bought some from Tesco this week on buy one get one free. It is really nice on a digestive or just straight off the spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We tried some of this and I'm still not quite sure what i thought. Part of me really liked it but part of me still wasn't sure. The kids loved it though and it makes for a healthier alternative to chocolate spread!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to try this as cupcake icing/topping.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...