Food Connections, Bristol’s ambitious, citywide food festival (May 1 to May 9), has just revealed a jaw-dropping programme of over 100 events for 2015. All over Bristol, dozens of individuals, groups, organisations and businesses – united by their passion for good food – will come together to stage a food event unlike any other.
Supported by First Great Western, Food Connections is the flagship food event for Bristol 2015, European Green Capital. Now in its second year, having attracted around 185,000 participants in 2014, Food Connections aims to change how we think about food and how we eat by ‘Bringing people and good food together’. The programme of events is divided into six themes: land and growing, feasting and festivities, get cooking, brain food, families and wellbeing.
Celebrity chef Rick Stein, popular presenter Adrian Chiles, Celebrity MasterChef winner Lisa Faulkner and wildlife presenter and cameraman Mike Dilger are among the stars lined up by the BBC to appear at the festival. As part of the city-wide food celebration, the BBC will be hosting a number of different events celebrating the range of programmes made at its base in the city, including BBC Radio 4’s Farming Today, Costing the Earth, Word of Mouth and The Food Programme. All 11 sessions with the BBC will take place in the Imax Theatre at Bristol Aquarium, at the heart of the Festival, and tickets are free. Many of the events will be recorded for later broadcast on national BBC networks.
Take your pick from over 100 marvellous events from 1-9 May, ranging from a chat with the incredible Rick Stein, to feasts,food-talks, growing workshops and much more besides. This isn't your average food festival, it has exciting activities for everyone to discover what good food really means.
For information on all Food Connections events, including ticket links, visit: www.bristolfoodconnections.com
I'm delighted to announce that you can win a pair of return train tickets, courtesy of First Great Western, to bring you from your home to the heart of Bristol Food Connections festival. Check out the FGW network map here. Fill in your entries in the Rafflecopter widget below.
UK only. Closing date : 20/4/15
T & C's : Entries close at midnight on the closing date. Winners will be selected with a random number generator and announced on facebook, twitter and in the giveaway post subject line. Please note, you will be contacted by email and/or twitter and if I haven't heard from you after a week, I'll have to pick another winner. Prizes will be sent out by the companies or their PR directly to winners. Madhouse Family Reviews cannot be held responsible for any prizes that go astray !
Extra T&C's :
1. This prize consists of two, standard-class, return rail tickets, from anywhere the First Great Western rail network runs, to the Bristol Food Connections festival.
2. Prize is available to use at anytime during the Food Connections festival 2015 (1st-9th May 20155)
3. The Free Prize Draw is only open to those who are 18 years or over and who are residents of the UK. Employees and immediate families of Bristol Food Connectionsand First Great Western Ltd, their agents and anyone professionally connected with the prize draw are not eligible to take part.
4. The prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable. There is no cash alternative. If, due to circumstances beyond FGW’s control, FGW are unable to provide the stated prize, they reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
5. Any extra costs incurred are not included within the prize.
Other giveaways you may be interested in :