Saturday 3 September 2016

AA Skincare’s Frankincense & Rose Face Toner review


When I was in my teens, scouring the beauty pages of magazines like more! and Just Seventeen, I knew that every night, before bed, you should remove your make-up and then cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin. I probably carried this regimen on throughout most of my teenage years and twenties but, once I became a mum, I stopped having the time for a complicated beauty routine. I still cleanse and moisturise quite regularly but I must admit, I rarely bother with toner these days. I'd convinced myself that it wasn't actually an essential part of my skincare, but when I was given the chance to review AA Skincare’s new Frankincense & Rose face toner, I wanted to see what I was missing out on.

The summer holiday, with no racing around on the school run or going to work, was the perfect time for getting back into using the triple alliance of cleanser, toner and moisturiser. The first thing I noticed was how relaxing it was to take five minutes at the end of the day to really pamper my skin. And five minutes really is all it takes, so I'm sure that this is something that I can manage, even on the busiest of days.

My cleanser sometimes leaves my skin feeling a bit greasy and using toner helps to remove this sensation, making my skin feel really clean, balanced and ready for moisturising. This toner is formulated using 100% natural ingredients to restore and revive all skin types : rejuvenating Frankincense and fragrant Damask Rose, extracts of anti-inflammatory Honeysuckle and White Willow bark to help soothe skin, anti-oxidant rich Pomegranate to give skin a boost, ... Woody Evans, director at AA Skincare, explains: “Rose Damascena brings calming and fortifying qualities, combined with soothing Frankincense - highly regarded for its ability to soothe and prevent fine lines, small wrinkles and other signs of ageing.”

I've also discovered that if I'm feeling hot and sweaty during the day (either because we're in the middle of a heatwave or when I've just got back from a stiflingly hot bus ride home from work), it's beautifully refreshing and calming, both for my skin and for me !

The toner, launched in July, is the latest product to join the company’s best-selling Frankincense & Rose range, which also includes a cleansing gel, moisturising face lotion and cream, as well as a deep cleansing face mask – all made from pure essential oils and natural ingredients.

Vegan-friendly, the new toner is presented in a 150ml recyclable pump spray dispenser. It fits easily into a handbag or gym kit and also looks good on the bathroom shelf. 

star rating : 4.5/5

 RRP: £7.95 for 150ml

for more information : www.aaskincare.co.uk 

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

3 comments:

  1. I love the rose scent. It's hard to find scented facial toners that are good for the skin, so it is good to know about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the review on this products. Does this toner is good for all skin type?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...