Monday 12 September 2016

Wilkinson Sword shaves time off my back-to-school beauty routine ! (review)


One of the biggest perks of being a teacher is getting to spend the holidays at home with the kids, chilling out and filling our days with fun, laughter and adventures. The downside is, when they go back to school, so do I, so we all have to get to grips with our new routines at the same time. This year, Sophie and Juliette have both moved up a school, which means more homework, different systems and schedules and extra stress for the first few weeks while they adjust. This also means that Pierre is now all alone in junior school, so I can no longer count on Juliette keeping an eye on her brother or walking him home at the end of the day - he has to go to the before-school club every day with my timetable this year, so we're all out of the door by 7.30am. After a long summer of later bedtimes and chilled-out mornings, it's taking a while to get back into gear ! I'd forgotten how hectic the evenings are too - I get back home from work, pick up Pierre, grab a snack for him, then the girls arrive and it's a whirlwind of helping out with homework, signing papers and finding PE kits, cooking dinner and dealing with my marking, then hopefully grabbing an hour or two to blog and chill out in front of the telly before bed. I always have my shower in the evening as I have more time, but even then, I tend to have at least one of the girls waiting in line to jump in after me !


Wilkinson Sword understand how hectic daily life can become with the school holidays coming to an end and all the prepping and extra work that’s involved with getting the kids off to school often meaning that you don’t have much time left for yourself. They challenged me to put the Wilkinson Sword Intuition Ultra Moisture razor to the test to see if it could shave some time off my beauty routine. (These are the jokes, folks !)

It is a high performance 3-in-1 razor that lathers, shaves and moisturises skin in one go, cutting your shaving routine in half so you have more time to focus on the important things. It features four blades surrounded by a gentle creamy soap that lathers and moisturises during shaving in one easy step, leaving your skin noticeably soft, with no need for soap, shaving gel or body wash.


This means I can jump in the shower, shampoo my hair and slather on some conditioner, then zip round with the razor and I'm done when it's time to rinse. The pivoting head follows the contours of my legs and underarms, making it an absolute breeze to use, and the visible ribbons of shea butter avoid nicks or discomfort during and after shaving. There's no need to moisturise afterwards so I can skip straight out of the shower wrapped in a towel, freeing up the bathroom for the next person.

Shaving my legs is the first thing to go when I'm short on time, especially once the colder weather kicks in, because I figure I can always hide them under jeans or leggings. With the time-saving Wilkinson Sword Intuition Ultra Moisture razor permanently in the shower, stored in its handy stick-on holder, it's looking like Madhouse Daddy won't have to put up with sleeping next to a Yeti this year though !

Disclosure : I received a back-to-school kit, including a Wilkinson Sword Intuition Ultra Moisture razor.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing
    Thankyou for the review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This razor looks great, love the idea of it moisturising at the same time as shaving

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...