Thursday 1 December 2016

Madhouse recipe : Macabella Cheesecake #SpreadTheSecret


You may remember me giving Macabella cocoa and macadamia spread a mention in my festive foodie roundup last week. If you've yet to discover this deliciously rich nutty spread, it's available in Sainsbury's in both crunchy and velvet (smooth) varieties and if you're a fan of chocolate/chocolate and hazelnut spreads, you'll love it. Don't just take my word for it though - Macabella Crunch was voted by over 14,000 consumers as the Product of the Year 2016 winner of the Spreads Category in its native Australia.

It's lovely on toast but I also wanted to try it in baking and this cheesecake was totally simple and utterly divine.

Macabella Cheesecake

8-10 digestive biscuits
3tbsp butter, melted
1/2 jar of Macabella (I used Crunch but you could use Velvet if you prefer)
250g light cream cheese
200g marscapone
50g icing sugar
coconut chips/chopped nuts to decorate


Crush the biscuits - I like to put them in a freezer bag and use a rolling pin to do this but bashing them with the bottom of a mug is a great stress-buster if you're having a bad day !


Melt the butter and stir it into the biscuit crumbs then press into a greased spring-form cake tin.


Put the cream cheese and marscapone into a bowl and beat them together then stir in the icing sugar.


Spoon in the Macabella and beat until smooth.


Spoon this mixture over the crumb base and chill in the fridge for several hours or overnight.


Sprinkle some chopped nuts on top - if I'd had crushed macadamia nuts, they would have been ideal, but I didn't, so I used coconut chips instead.


It's fantastically rich and indulgent and holds its shape really well, so this could even be used to round off a dinner party. Nobody would believe it only took minutes to throw together !

Disclosure : I received some jars of Macabella in order to create a recipe. For more information, visit www.macabella.com @macabellaspread #SpreadTheSecret

3 comments:

  1. What a luxurious decadent cheesecake! My mouth is watering just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very tasty - I may just have to make another one ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...