Saturday 31 December 2016

Ready to see in the New Year !


We've just popped into Tesco's (like half of the planet, judging by how busy it was !) and picked up some of their party food for tonight. The Orchard at Tesco had sent me through a £5 voucher to try out a couple of things from the range, but they already had a 3-for-2 offer going on and, on top of that, they were reducing the prices on everything for quick sale so I managed to grab a whole feast for a fiver (well, £7 if you're splitting hairs !) - can't say fairer than that ! It all looks really tasty too.


I picked up a pack of 10 coconut king prawns with mango salsa (was £4, reduced to £2.15).


12 Chicken Massaman Wonton Cups (was £4, reduced to £2.56).


10 Thai Fishcakes with lime and chilli dipping sauce (was £4, reduced to £2.28).


12 West Country Steak & Cornish Real Ale Mini Pies (was £4, reduced to £2.08)


We also picked up some fireworks for a mini display in the back garden to help keep the kids awake until midnight !


Pierre is already looking awe-struck and they're still in the box !

Whatever you have planned for tonight, I hope you have a fabulous New Year's Eve.

Disclosure : I received a voucher from The Orchard to try out some of the Tesco Party Food range and share my honest thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. That's a lot of lovely bargains. I think I have tried the prawns with mango salsa from tesco last year. How did the fireworks go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of them were duds and didn't go off, which is shocking, given how much you pay for them ... but overall the kids were suitably wowed and it helped keep them awake until midnight !

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great night, well done on your "yellow-sticker2 haul too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I didn't go out looking for bargains but they all kinda leapt out at me ... and straight into my trolley ! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Impressive haul! There are a few treats there that are new to me. I hope you all had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids managed to stay awake until midnight so they thought it was amazing !

      Delete
  4. All of your food looks delicious! Hope you all had a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...