Thursday 26 January 2017

Madhouse recipe : Savoury Palmiers


Nutella Palmiers are a simple two-ingredient bake that always get a rave reception but are deceptively simple and take mere minutes to produce. I've also made a Cinnamon Spice Palmiers version but this time I decided to give them a savoury twist and looked through the kitchen cupboards for inspiration.


I discovered that I have an awful lot of jars of chutneys and relishes, so I decided to use up some of those.

Savoury Palmiers

ingredients :

1 sheet of ready-made puff pastry
1/2 jar chutney
1/2 jar marinated vegetables
1 tin tuna
1tbsp mayonnaise
a handful of grated cheese 


I started off with a sweet but tart jar of Beetroot & Horseradish Chutney and spread the puff pastry all over with a thin layer. 


After breaking up the tuna with a fork and mixing in the mayonnaise, I spread this over the chutney.


Finally I spread over a thin layer of méchouia salad - Moroccan spiced marinated vegetables.


Now, there are no two ways about this - it looks like someone has eaten this once already ! The words pavement pizza instantly spring to mind !


Roll both ends towards the centre and press down where they meet.


 Chop into slices and stand them up on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Pinch the bottom edge to create a heart shape.


I meant to add a layer of grated cheese before rolling them up but I forgot so I sprinkled some on top before putting them in the oven.


Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180° until they are puffed up and golden brown.


I served them with hot rice and raita but they could be eaten cold in a packed lunch too.


This was a great way of using up multiple jars of relish and chutney so I'm adding it to this month's #KitchenClearout linky.

3 comments:

  1. Lol @ Pavement pizza. These savoury palmiers are definitely different, but I like the combination of flavours. I have sooooo many jars of chutney and relishes, that's a fab way of using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few half jars of chutney, will def be giving these a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My original plan was tomato relish/chutney and cheese ... I may have to try the again with a different combination !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...