Monday 23 March 2020

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 13


What a week ! It was our first week of confinement, which wasn't fun but it was manageable, although it was annoying to see people outside walking their dogs or kids riding around on their bikes as if it's just a school holiday. Staying inside all the time isn't fun for anyone, but do these people not realise that they're being selfish and just making things harder for everyone? Oh well, they'll be the ones complaining when they fall ill ! We stuck pretty much to the menu plan, although I made cottage pie instead of the Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper, because I couldn't manage to get hold of any pepperoni, and a couple of things got bumped over to next week as we had too many leftovers to use up. Here's what's on the plan this week. I should manage to make it through to the weekend without going to the shops.

Monday

lunch- Amatriciana chicken traybake, from last week's menu plan that didn't get made, with rice

dinner- baked ham with pasta

Tuesday

lunch- smoked sausages with mash & beans

dinner- I still have half of the chicken thighs to use up, so I'll do those with couscous and ratatouille or just plain tinned tomatoes if I don't have any

Wednesday

lunch- chicken stir fry with noodles (trying to think what veg we have - carrots, onions, mushrooms, red pepper, that should do it)

dinner- pasta carbonara

Thursday

lunch- chicken gyros with rice

dinner- fishfingers with mash  & green beans

Friday

lunch- fresh pasta

dinner - beefburgers with baked potatoes & whatever veg is lurking in the fridge

Saturday

lunch- something with partridge - I have some partridge fillets in the freezer, waiting to be used for a blogpost - I haven't looked up what I can do with them yet, but if the worst comes to the worst, I'll do them with a cream or tomato-based sauce and rice

dinner- spaghetti bolognese

Sunday 

lunch- something from yesterday's shopping - chicken? with roast potatoes & veg

dinner- pepperoni pizza? depending on what's in the shops

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

2 comments:

  1. It's going t be a bit of a weird meal planning month I think now isn't it. Just got to do what we can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is the first day of lockdown for us and it's been quiet out there. The odd person walking their dog and that's about it. I hope people are starting to get we have to stay in to stop it spreading.
    Partridge is something a little different. I am sure you will come up with something amazing.
    Great meal plan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...