Friday 30 June 2017

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 30/6


Last week was sooo hot that I didn't fancy cooking in a baking hot kitchen for too long and the kids were asking for salads, sandwiches and snacky meals, so several things got knocked off the menu plan. I've put them all on this week's instead so I'll be pick and mixing with the things that got bumped off last week's plan. I always go for flexible meal plans anyway and don't necessarily respect which meals were for which days - it's a handy way of planning what needs buying and defrosting for the week ahead though.

Saturday

lunch - it's my morning off and the kids' once a week junk food fix ! Will it be Burger King, KFC or McDonalds though ?

dinner - a salade Niçoise type of thing, with potatoes, green beans, cherry tomatoes and a tin of pilchards

Sunday

lunch - probably BBQ, if not, it'll be roast dinner.

dinner - leftovers from lunch or fridge grazing

Monday 

dinner - homemade flammekueche-style pizza

Tuesday 

dinner - fully loaded nachos with guacamole, cherry tomatoes, cubes of ham, cheese, tomato salsa, cucumber, ...

Wednesday 

lunch - chicken & veg stir-fry

dinner - pancakes filled with cheese and ham (with or without a fried egg) followed, no doubt, by pancakes filled with lemon & sugar or Nutella !

Thursday 

dinner - picnic bread (a loaf stuffed with Italian ham, cheese, sundried tomatoes, etc)

Friday  

dinner - grilled salmon with creamy spinach and cherry tomatoes

Baking projects :

still plenty to be getting on with from last week, plus
- Chocolate Orange millionaire's shortbread
- a fir tree cupcake baking kit


***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the weekly meal plan bloghop !


3 comments:

  1. Ohh! I thought it was always McDonalads on a Saturday. hehehe I do like Burger King but I've never been a fan of KFC.
    I love the sound of Tuesday's meal! That is something my girls would love! It sounds like you have a very tasty week planned x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't do chicken on the bone in French KFC, I wasn't impressed ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of great variety of dishes. Always difficult to decide what to eat with the hot weather. I usually go for salads.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...