Monday 20 November 2017

Eat Real snacks review


Sometimes an email lands in my inbox telling me about a new product and as soon as I start on the first paragraph, I'm drawn in, nodding my head, thinking yes, this sounds just like me. I think Eat Real must have been spying on me because their target audience is me to a tee ! "If you thought packed lunches were just for kids - think again! The number of adults swapping canteen food for lunchboxes is on the rise as more and more people choose to satisfy their appetite for a healthier lifestyle with a healthy packed lunch." I have eaten at the school canteen for as long as I can remember but this year, I decided to start taking in salads and sandwiches instead - partly because I was sick of the stodge, partly because it's expensive for what you get and partly (mainly in fact) because I was fed up of every single lunch hour turning into an impromptu staff meeting.


Eat Real have come up with a range of pulse and grain-based snacks to deliver a healthy lunch option in a range of on-trend flavours and they are perfect for anyone either making healthier lifestyle choices or living with dietary intolerances. Both gluten and lactose-free, as well as suitable for Vegan and Kosher diets, they contain significantly less fat (up to 48% less) than traditional potato crisps and some also have no added sugar.


Well, that all sounds great, but I'm not willing to compromise on taste just for a healthy option - I'd rather eat something tasty in moderation than choose a guilt-free but pleasure-free option. Luckily - and I have to be honest, this came as rather a surprise to me ! - they are all totally delicious and just as flavour-packed, crunchy and indulgent as regular crisp-type snacks. Even the Quinoa ones, that I bit into expecting to screw up my nose in distaste (I'm not a fan of quinoa, even if it's bang on trend !) are really nice. The whole range got a unanimous thumbs up from the whole family - the kids couldn't resist getting involved in the tasting and weren't put off, even when I told them they were healthy options and they may not like them ! (Bad mummy - I wanted to keep them for my own lunchboxes rather than share them !)

Eat Real’s Hummus Chips, Lentil Chips, Quinoa Chips and Veggie Straws come in a wide range of yummy flavours - including Creamy Dill, Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic, Chilli & Lemon and Sea Salt – in handy packs (22-25g), impulse bags for bigger appetites (30-45g) and sharing bags (80-135g).They’re available from independent health stores and most major retailers, including Holland & Barrett, Tesco, Co-op and Morrisons. RRP: 50p-£1.79.


So that you can enjoy a different flavour every day, there are also new Eat Real multipacks which contain 2 x 25g packs of Hummus Chips (Sour Cream & Chive flavour), 2 x 22g packs of Lentil Chips (Sea Salt) and 1 x 22g pack of Quinoa Chips (Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic). They’re available from all major retailers and health food stores, RRP £1.99.

for more information : www.eatreal.co.uk

Disclosure : We received the products in order to write an honest review.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...