Friday 12 January 2018

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2018 week #3

 I have a little bit of downtime in my hotel room in Norway today so I thought I'd try to work out what I can cook next week, using things that I'm pretty sure are in the fridge and freezer back home. I might return to cries of "can you make this?" and "we want to eat that" from the kids though, so the plan may end up going out of the window!

Saturday

lunch - Time for the traditional Burger King visit no doubt, but I won't be back yet

dinner - I'll be on my way home so it will be their last meal fending for themselves !

Sunday

lunch - a roast of some shape or form - probably chicken

dinner - cock a leekie soup, using up the leftovers from lunch (as it didn't get made before I headed to Norway)

Monday 

lunch - it'll be a rush job as I'm invigilating exams, so something quick that I can throw together like beefburgers, spaghetti & ratatouille

dinner - Hairy Bikers Vietnamese Pork with rice & veg

Tuesday 

dinner - split pea and bacon soup

Wednesday 

lunch - Denver omelette (omelette filled with ham, cheese, onions and peppers)

dinner - sticky marinated duck with German potato pancakes & veg

Thursday 

dinner - I have a pouch of sauce for something Latin American but I can't remember what - Brazilian barbacoa maybe? Served with rice and black beans probably

Friday  

 dinner - grilled salmon with veggies and boiled potatoes

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the weekly meal plan bloghop !

7 comments:

  1. Sounds great I wouldn't mind that on my weekly menu lots of variety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'd never heard of Denver omelette before. Great plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor had I when I came across a mention a couple of weeks ago ! Sounds simple enough and it fits in with my globecooking theme :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck I hope it goes to plan...
    I feel like I could just eat cock a leekie soup. Yum x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never tried it before but it's a classic so I'm sure it's lovely - I found a traditional recipe with prunes. Not too sure about that addition but I do have a bag that needs using up so I might throw some in there ! lol

      Delete
  4. Mmmm cock a leekie soup! I love the Hairy Bikers books, I need to look for this recipe. Thank you for sharing with #MealPlanningMonday x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...