Friday 19 January 2018

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2018 week #4

You may have noticed that I've changed the way I label my menu plans this year, opting for week 1,2,3 rather than the date. For me, this highlights even more just how quickly January is zipping by - I feel like Christmas was only last week but we're already looking ahead to February and Juliette's birthday ! Still plenty of time for winter warmers and comfort food before spring puts in an appearance though. I've been using the American cookbook that I got at Christmas for inspiration this week.

Saturday

lunch - The traditional Burger King visit - with all our gadding about at Christmas/New Year then my week in Norway, I haven't been since before Christmas!

dinner - chestnut soup (not sure about this one but I have a pouch of chestnut puree lurking in the back of the cupboard !)

Sunday

lunch - a roast of some shape or form - probably chicken or pork

dinner - soup with the leftover meat, potatoes, veg & gravy from lunch

Monday 

lunch - meatballs in tomato/onion/red pepper sauce with couscous

dinner - Tartiflette (potatoes, bacon, onions and stinky cheese !)

Tuesday 

dinner  Chicken Spaghetti, a recipe that sounds like a souped-up pasta bake (literally !) - recipe to follow

Wednesday 

lunch - probably leftovers from the last few days

dinner - American-style goulash with mash & carrots

Thursday 

dinner - BBQ spaghetti (a twist on spaghetti bolognese)

Friday  

 dinner - Chicago-style deep dish pizza with salad

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the weekly meal plan bloghop !

4 comments:

  1. Yum! The Chicken Spaghetti sounds interesting! I will have to look out for that recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I like the sound of the chicken spaghetti too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the tartiflette sounds good, I'll be popping over to have a look. Thank you for joining in with #MealPlanningMonday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued by Chicken Spaghetti, and will await your recipe.
    Your menu sounds like my kind of heaven, very much Italian based.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...