Monday 11 November 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #46


Wind, rain, cold weather ... autumn is definitely here now, with a definite taste of winter too. Brrrr ! Definitely a time for winter warmers - I don't feel like eating salads any more ! This week we have a visit on Wednesday from the gas board (the whole region is changing gas suppliers so they have to check everything is OK for the conversions) so I'm not sure if I'll be able to cook in the morning - we'll see. Apart from that, we all fancy lots of hearty casseroles and slow cooked dishes so I picked up some stewing meat at the supermarket again. The good news when making a casserole is that there's enough for two days - win-win !

Monday 

lunch - Today is a bank holiday for the armistice so we'll all be at home. Perfect time to use up yesterday's leftover roast gammon with rice, veg & gravy ... plus a dollop of apple sauce, hmmm !

dinner - something in the slow cooker - I bought some stewing beef so probably beef bourguignon or beef & ale stew or beef & tomato stew, you get the idea ! - with lovely buttery mash and whatever veg went in the dish (probably carrots, mushrooms & onions)

Tuesday 

dinner - leftovers from yesterday - if there's not much left, I'll transform it into a pie, with boiled potatoes & extra veg

Wednesday 

lunch - beefburgers and chips with beans (that'll use up the end of the bag of chips and the burgers that have been taking up space in the freezer, as I'm down to the one at the top of the fridge - it all needs a bit more organisation !)

dinner - chilli con carne with rice (and extra veg added to the chilli - carrots, mushrooms, onions, peppers, maybe sweetcorn too)

Thursday 

dinner - leftover chilli & cheese with baked potatoes

Friday  

dinner - sausage casserole (with peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes) and rice

Saturday 

lunch - our regular Saturday lunchtime fast food trip ! I'll leave it up to the kids again - probably McDonalds, tied in with a shopping trip. I really should start Christmas shopping !

dinner - there will probably be some leftovers to keep us going - if not, I'll make the chicken casserole and we'll have leftovers tomorrow lunchtime

Sunday 

lunch - chicken casserole with boiled potatoes & veg

dinner - pepperoni pizza (Pierre's choice !)

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

5 comments:

  1. Eek! I hope everything goes OK with the gas change over. I have found that when using the slow cooker there's always enough for 2 days. It's fab!
    All of your meals sound so warming. Perfect for this weather. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited in for him all morning, from 7am to 1pm - no blooming sign of him. Phoned in to find out what's going on and still waiting for a call back - grrr !

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the gas change, fingers crossed you won't need to go without. I haven't had a bolognese in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm the gas man didn't turn up as arranged - I'm getting sick of this ! lol

      Delete
  3. Yummy yummy hope its all sorted now

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...