Sunday 6 February 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 6


We made it to the holidays COVID-free - woohoo ! I'm looking forward to a couple of lazy weeks to be honest, but I think the kids might have other ideas. Sophie and Juliette have planned a day shopping in Lille and there have been random mutterings about heading to EuroDisney for a day or two. Well, I can't complain. When Mike died, my school made a collection and gave the money to us, with a comment about doing something nice as a family. The decision was made to go to Disneyland Paris but, what with Sophie's exams then COVID, it never actually happened. So why not?! I still want to repaper the hallway though, so we'll have to see what happens !

Right, on to food. This menu plan will probably end up being half followed then adapted with days out and stuff added in, but I always prefer to have a plan to fall back on. I'm still working back through the recipes on my blog, starting back at the beginning, and there are lots of things I had forgotten about so I'm looking forward to trying them again.

Monday

lunch- Sophie and Juliette are heading off for a day out hitting the shops in Lille so it's just me and Pierre - we can use up the leftovers from yesterday's roast chicken

dinner - Twice-baked stuffed potatoes (with bacon, cheese, onions, peppers, mushrooms, maybe even some baked beans) (I was organised and baked the potatoes at the same time as the roast dinner yesterday)

Tuesday

lunch- meatball and egg tagine with couscous (bumped back from last week's menu plan as they didn't have any meatballs when I went shopping) (Pierre is off out for the day with his friend on his dad's boat)

dinner- slow cooker lemon chicken with rice & veg

Wednesday

lunch- BBQ marinated chicken wings (I'll use chicken breasts instead) with coleslaw & wedges


Thursday

lunch -  I'm thinking there will be plenty of leftovers to use up

dinner- slow cooker Greek-style lamb, potato & thyme kleftiko (but I'll swap the lamb for pork or chicken, as the kids aren't keen on lamb)

Friday


dinner creamy pan-fried pork with apple & sage (using ingredients from home, not the recipe kit) and a side of mash

Saturday

lunch- either a trip to McDonald's or leftovers


Sunday 

lunch- roast chicken dinner

dinner- sandwiches, toast or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Linking up with the Menu Plan Roundup over at Cats, Kids, Chaos

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holidays. We still have a week of school left. It sounds like you have some great plans.
    Fab meal plan. I love everything that you have planned. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two weeks off, so I have a lot of stuff planned for around the house, then hopefully we'll still have time for the fun family days out ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...