Sunday 20 February 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 8


What a bloody week ! We carried on with the walls but it's a long job and is far from finished, even though I'm heading back to work tomorrow. From the door to the first landing, one wall is stripped and repainted - a lovely pale pink colour. The other wall is almost completely stripped but we need Sophie to do the bits we can't reach ! The wall halfway up the other set of stairs is half stripped but we also need to do the two landings.  It's taken much longer than I expected. But that all paled into insignificance when the storm struck and our roof started falling apart. Some of the ridge tiles came off and there is a big area of roof (felt, I guess?) flapping in the wind. It's horrible listening to it wondering if the whole thing is going to fly off before someone can come to mend it. I'm trying to find a positive in it - at least they can fix any problems that are up there - but it's hard ! This week's meals are quick and simple as I'll be busy chasing up the insurance and roofers, as well as going back to school with a training day on my afternoon off - grrr !

Monday

lunch- I'm at the canteen, the kids have various options in the fridge

dinner - pasta carbonara

Tuesday

lunch- canteen for me, leftovers for the kids

dinner- stuffed courgettes for me and Sophie / the stuffing with rice for Pierre and Juliette

Wednesday

lunch- chicken burgers with mash and carrot fries (a Sophie invention apparently !)

dinner- fishfingers, hash browns and beans (Sophie offered to make homemade hash browns - sounds good to me !)

Thursday

lunch - lunch with friends and Sophie can come along

dinner- chicken gyros (or Provençal style or whatever Sophie picked up at the start of the week) with ebly and ratatouille

Friday

lunch-  omelette

dinner - pork stew with pasta

Saturday

lunch- McDonald's or somewhere similar

dinner- homemade pizza

Sunday 

lunch- roast chicken, roast potatoes, veg and gravy

dinner- toast

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Linking up with the Menu Plan Roundup over at Cats, Kids, Chaos

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, what a week indeed. I hope you get the repairs done soon. It seems like we're being hit with storm after storm at the moment.
    Great meal plan. You need simple meals when you have a lot going on. You can't beat fish fingers, hash browns and beans. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...