Sunday 27 February 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 9


I had zero time to myself last week - my Wednesday afternoon off was hijacked for an online training day and my Friday afternoon off was the school open day - so this weekend I've been chilling out. Our roof is still damaged but I've had the insurance people on the phone, put in a claim, had them find a company for us and set up a day for them to come and put up a tarpaulin and send in their quote. So that will be happening in TEN DAYS TIME !! Fingers crossed it won't rain much between now and then. And goodness knows when they'll actually get around to fixing it. Oh well, we'll survive, I suppose ! This week is another busy one with my Wednesday afternoon off being used as a training day again - rotten gits ! Juliette had her school trip to Paris on Friday and loved it. This week is a more normal week but I haven't been shopping yet so I'll be menu planning before we hit the supermarket. Things may therefore be changed around a bit, depending on what they have in stock or on special offer. It's still nice to have a plan though !

Monday

lunch- I'm at the canteen, the kids have loads of leftovers to choose from in the fridge

dinner - twice baked potatoes, stuffed with bacon, cheese, onions, mushrooms, beans

Tuesday

lunch- canteen for me, leftovers for the kids

dinner- bolognese stuffed courgettes for me and Sophie / spaghetti bolognese for Pierre and Juliette (we had this last week but everyone loved it and I have half of the courgettes left so we can have it again !)

Wednesday

lunch- beefburgers, mash and coleslaw

dinner- veal stew in the slow cooker, with ebly 

Thursday

lunch - lunch with friends and Sophie can come along

dinner- sweet & sour chicken with rice

Friday

lunch-  leftovers or omelette 

dinner - spaghetti with a herb/spice mix that Sophie brought back from her trip to Italy (and maybe extra bacon/mushrooms/onions/cheese if needed)

Saturday

lunch- McDonald's or somewhere similar

dinner- tacos

Sunday 

lunch- roast chicken, roast potatoes, veg and gravy

dinner- toast or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Linking up with the Menu Plan Roundup over at Cats, Kids, Chaos

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have been busy. I hope it stays dry until you get your roof fixed.
    Your baked potatoes sound so good and the spaghetti. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...