Thursday 17 February 2011

Bio Synergy Skinny Water


When I first saw a mention of "almost calorie-free water", I had to have a quick check to make sure it wasn't an upcoming April Fool's Day joke (reminiscent of the "free dehydrated water" offer that I saw a couple of years ago !). When I realised it was a serious product, I thought it was just a ridiculous, probably over-priced fad that stupidly rich celebs would buy. After all, isn't all water (almost) calorie free ? But then I tried some samples that Bio Synergy kindly sent me and I've seen the light ! Despite the name, it's not just water. I was sent three different kinds to try and they're all delicious.


First up was the Pomegranate Skinny Water, labelled as a "Still Pomegranate Flavour Spring Water Drink with Sweetener". It's a really refreshing, pleasant-tasting, fruity drink and the generous 500ml bottle is great for keeping on your desk at work to swig on throughout the day. But it's when you look behind the taste to the science that it gets really impressive.

It's Skinny Water by name, Skinny Water by nature ! They explain on the website : "Bio-Synergy Skinny Water is the first in the world to be fortified with l-carnitne and chromium. What is it? A low-calorie water, enhanced with a unique combination of ingredients to help (YOU) lose and maintain YOUR weight. Skinny Water contains selected essential nutrients, which combine the benefits of hydration with vitamins, minerals, and clinically tested natural ingredients that suppress appetite, block carbohydrates from converting into fat, and increase fat burning, without stimulating the nervous system." WOW ! It does all that for you and it tastes delicious too !


On to the next product - Skinny Cola. Again, starting with the taste-test, this one got the thumbs up too. It tastes more like a fizzy cola flavoured ice lolly to me than actual Coca Cola or Pepsi, but it's still a pleasant taste. And it contains the same ingredients that promise to increase fat burning and help burn sugar. And here was me thinking Diet Coke was the dieter's best friend !



The final Skinny Water I was sent to try out is a dilutable grapefruit drink. It's apparently the world's first "functional dilutable" and, once again, it tastes really lovely and refreshing. I'd drink this just for the taste, but once again, as Bio Synergy explain, "Together with the hydrating effects of water, naturally occurring amino acids and minerals will help suppress your appetite and increase metabolism to burn more fat."

As a range of drinks, they are absolutely delicious, low calorie but without the artificial sweetener background taste that sometimes lingers, and natural-tasting. But the real wow-factor is the weight loss/maintenance angle. Some of the added nutrients are things I'd never heard of so but it's all clearly explained on the website : "So what’s the secret behind Bio-Synergy Skinny Water? It’s the added benefits of Chromium, Vitamin D, Zinc and L-Carnitine. These nutrients have been scientifically proven to banish sugar cravings and help turn fat into energy. Studies show Chromium can stave off cravings for high carbohydrate or sugary foods by regulating blood sugar levels. As such, it’s a valuable addition to a well-designed, long-term weight loss program and supports a healthier metabolism. L-Carnitine is an amino acid which the body uses to turn fat into energy. It can help weight management by encouraging the body to lose fat - not muscle."

I can't tell you that I've suddenly lost weight, as this is obviously a long-term addition to your health regime, but the drinks are delicious and there are certainly no side effects as far as I can see. If you're looking for a safe, healthy and totally simple way to boost your metabolism and kickstart your weight loss, it's a great product to try out. I've gone from sceptic to convert !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : Pomegranate still 99p for 500ml, Cola £1.19 for 500ml, dilutable tbc

for more information : http://www.skinnywater.co.uk/

Other reviews you may be interested in :

5 comments:

  1. Interesting, I have to admit that I too thought it was a gimmick and just water.
    You have persuaded me to try some now as I love pomegranate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to add a new taste to water, but sometimes i think a lot of these are just money makers! nice review though :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to agree. I'm sceptical of claims like this but can't comment as it wouldn't have made an instant change to my weight so who knows what would happen over time. It tastes nice though !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this before, sounds great though, especially the coca cola one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still sceptical I'm afraid. Wouldn't pay that much for water! @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...