Thursday 3 February 2011

Morphy Richards £4 Slow Cooker Challenge



As you'll know if you're a regular reader of my blog, I love my slow cooker so I was really excited when Morphy Richards contacted me earlier in the week. Firstly, because they've asked me if I'd like to try out their new Flavour Savour slow cooker (so look out for a review of that as soon as I've given it a road test). And secondly, because they told me all about a fun challenge on their website.

As they explain : "We want you to create a main meal (the main component) to feed a family of four using your slow cooker. Here’s the interesting bit, you can’t spend any more than £4 when creating it. Because we’re kind people here at ‘Home of the House Proud’, we will let you have a number of ‘free ingredients’ that don’t have to come out of the £4 budget. These ingredients are as follows: Salt, Pepper, Herbs, Stock, Oil and Water (obviously). Think you’re up for the challenge?



Once you’ve cooked up your treat, it would be great if you could send us your recipe along with a picture of your dish so we can share it with visitors to ‘Home of the House Proud’, please submit it along with your photo or e-mail it to us at morphychallenge@finncomms.com. Please remember to state the cost of each ingredient when you submit it to us. If you’re a blogger yourself, it would be great if you could post it on your blog too."

Well, needless to say, I've got my thinking cap on and I'll be back with my entry shortly. If you enter, don't forget to come back here and tell us what you cooked up. Slow cookers are already a great time-saver for busy mums but if they can help be a money-saver too, that's even better ! For any bloggers, I'm quite happy to link through to your £4 Slow Cooker Challenge blogposts here too.

Oh, did I forget to mention ? A random entrant will win £200 worth of Morphy Richards products too ! What are you waiting for ?!

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

8 comments:

  1. ooh this is interesting. I love my slow cooker too and have several recipes that might come under £4. I shall check this out!! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have mine on today! i just put super cheap chicken in it with water. chicken is cooked by the time i get home (and i mean super soft falling off the bone cooked) and the water has turned into super yummy stock which i (or my mum) makes soup from! hooray for slow cookers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh looks interesting! I'll have to have a think! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my slow cooker...its soooo convenient...and according to my family my cooking has improved since I got it too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon i could come up with some recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really have to get my £4 recipe posted - and try out some new ones !

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH have done a few recipes for the slow cooker which are well within the £4 mark. Will show him this and get him to try and come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a good common sense article. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...