Saturday 26 February 2011

Alva Naturkosmetik Intensive Refining Cream for Cellulite


Are you sitting comfortably ?! It's time for another My Pure review ! I decided to go for something a bit different this time and chose to review the Intensive Refining Cream from Alva Naturkosmetik, designed to target cellulite and slack cellular tissue. And let's face it, if there's one thing most mums have got, it's slack cellular tissue by the bucketload !

Before slathering it all over my dimply and wobbly bits, I wanted to find out what was in it. I know that My Pure only sell products made from natural and organic ingredients but even so, there must be some pretty harsh ingredients in there if it's designed to deal with cellulite, surely ?

Well, the website explains that it contains three active ingredients : caffeine, L-arginine and wellmune. I've obviously heard of caffeine, but the other two are complete unknowns to me. On the My Pure website, they explain : " Alva tell us the cream works like this: 1) Caffeine from organic coffee purifies the tissues, at the same time activating the enzyme triacylglycerol lipase, helping to break down and metabolise fat. It also acts as an antioxidant, a diuretic and a vaso-constrictor. Caffeine helps to dehydrate fat cells. 2) L-arginine tightens muscles and problem areas. The metabolism of L-arginine leads to the formation of nitric oxide, an important catalyst for the healthy dilation of blood vessels, circulation and blood flow. Other research indicates that L-arginine may support healthy lipid metabolism. 3) Wellmune builds up the skin's immune system, regenerates the cells by activating fibroblasts, and optimises long-term skin elasticity. The action of the fibroblasts gradually overhaul the skin, giving it a 'spring clean' from the inside and renewing the extra-cellular matrix."That all sounds a bit confusing so it's reassuring to see that GMTV's Dr Anu Bhatia proclaims to be a huge fan.

OK, on to the testing. Well, after a few days, I did find that my skin was softer, younger looking and smoother. I didn't suddenly have the body of a 20-something athlete but it was a definite improvement, both on my cellulite and wobbly mummy-tummy bits. However, as I've said in the past when reviewing this type of product, my midriff/thighs/bum area is normally quite neglected and doesn't get moisturised on a regular basis. I am therefore never sure if it's the cellulite cream working its magic or just the fact that I've been showing it some serious TLC, whatever the product. I really should do a placebo test and use regular moisturiser on one half and cellulite cream on the other for a fortnight !

Either way, it is a lovely cream to use. It's not greasy or overly runny so it's not messy to use, especially with the handy pump dispenser. It has a light texture, leaves no stickiness and has a pleasant citrus fragrance. And there's no doubt about it, it does help to regenerate and improve the condition of your skin. I'm usually quite cynical about this type of product but I have to say, I'm seriously impressed.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £26.20 for 150ml


Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...