Saturday 6 November 2010

Living Nature Nourishing Conditioner


I've come to realise than many of the best and most effective natural beauty products seem to come from Australia, partly because the conditions are so harsh and extreme that Mother Nature has come up with some highly potent healing and protecting ingredients that can be exploited. Well, Living Nature comes from New Zealand so I already had high expectations before even setting eyes on the product.

The Nourishing Conditioner comes in a plain white and black bottle which some would describe as minimalist chic but I tend to think of as bland ! I also wasn't keen on the semi-circular bottle shape which seemed awkward but it is handy for leaning up against the wall of the shower and would look cool on the shelf if you have the matching shampoo to complete the circle.

According to the blurb, "This conditioner detangles and helps return natural beauty to hair affected by everyday damage". It promises to give you smooth, supple and shiny hair and is designed for dry or damaged hair. I should point out that for best results, they suggest you use the matching Living Nature Nourishing Shampoo but for this review, I didn't have that product available so I used my usual shampoo for dry hair.

The "hero ingredients" as they call them are Manuka Honey, renowned for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, and Larch Tree extract, for its moisturising and humectant properties. I was slightly concerned about the honey leaving a slightly sticky feel but this is not the case - it actually feels like it would work nicely as hand cream in fact !

The scent is lovely and invigorating, smelling like a mixture of citrus fruit with a hint of foliage as an undercurrent. It doesn't smell very strong when you first squeeze it out but I found that the fragrance intensified as I worked it into my hair. The scent is natural and not at all overpowering.

The conditioner is quite light and rinses away easily without weighing down the hair. It left my hair tangle-free but not really any more nourished than with my usual product, although I do always use a conditioner for dry hair so that may be why I didn't notice much difference.

It was the Winner of the 2008 Natural Health and Beauty Award. I'm now keen to try it out with the matching shampoo to see if the results are even more impressive. As it stands, I really like it but think it's a bit expensive for what it is as the results are comparable to my usual cheaper brand.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £14.99 for 200ml


Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...