Sunday 28 November 2010

Honey Monster Choco Puffs Cereal

Well, who'd have thought it ? The Honey Monster is a marketing genius ! He's realised that kids always hone in on the new exciting-looking products in the cereals aisle of the supermarket so he keeps reinventing his famous Sugar Puffs ! The first limited edition was Banana Puffs, followed by the Halloween-inspired Spooky Puffs (that I reviewed here) and now there's a third new pack on the shelves : Choco Puffs. (And the Honey Monster website tells us there are more limited edition varieties to come !)

Choco Puffs started life as a limited edition but have now become a permanent part of the line, which just goes to show how popular they've been. According to the Honey Monster (oh OK, I know it's not really him doing the talking, I'm not totally mad !) : "A chocolatey twist on classic Sugar Puffs, the new cereal contains natural wheat puffs glazed with chocolate flavoured syrup. Fortified with vitamins and iron, Choco Puffs contain no artificial additives, are suitable for vegetarians and also a great source of fibre."

They are very high in sugar though. The second, third and fourth ingredients on the list are Sugar, Glucose Syrup and Sweetened Condensed Milk which are all basically different ways of saying sugar ! 100g of product contains 373 calories and 79g of carbohydrates, of which 43.3g sugar (which translates into 112 calories and 13g of sugar for a 30g bowl, which I suppose isn't too bad).

Taste-wise, both the girls but also 16-month-old Pierre can't get enough of them. I had a taste and found them a bit too sweet for my liking but I'm obviously not in the target audience ! The girls are already asking if we can try out the next Limited Edition pack to come out so the Honey Monster is certainly on to a winner !

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £1.99


Other reviews you may be interested in :


2 comments:

  1. oh I havent seen these yet, will look for them in the shops , thanks.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo nice! I'm 16 and I LOVE THEM... I bought them from Wilkinson for just a £1! (promotional offer)

    I actually eat this with and without milk.. they taste so great... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...