Wednesday 5 July 2017

New Year Resolutions week #25/26: Halfway through the year


I normally take a few minutes over the weekend to look back over the week and do a quick roundup of the challenges that I set myself at the beginning of the year. The fact that I am writing this on a Tuesday night and also doing a double week just goes to show just how hectic my life has been once again. Only 3 days and the long summer holidays kick off though - I can't wait !

1. Get Fit(bitting) !
I haven't been synchronising but I've hit 10k steps on quite a few days lately, from checking on my wrist. I also unlocked a new badge for walking the equivalent of the entire way around Italy since the start of the year !


2. Get cooking bookmarked recipes ! 
I feel like I haven't done much proper cooking lately, but let's have a look - I made Seadas, which are little fried cheese pastries from Sardinia, Solomillos de cerdo con Pedro Ximénez, pork filet mignon with vegetable rice, and a fishy gazpacho (eaten warm) from my Spanish-themed Kitchen Trotter box


3. Get geocaching !
I haven't had a chance to get out finding any new geocaches, but I did go and replace one of mine that had gone missing. I also checked up on my travel bugs - they've already travelled through several countries so I think I might have to put together a blogpost to chart their travels (in the holidays, when I have more time).

4. Get comping !
I thought this was going to be the first month when I failed to win anything, but on the last day of the month, I won a £10 Lovetoshop voucher - in by the skin of my teeth !

2017 wins :
January : 4 wins - £20 shopping voucher, Mr Lee's noodles, Ambrosia trifle glasses, set of 5 books
 February : 1 win - tea & personalised mug (prize for Galina)
March - 1 win - a Bear Grylls adventure book
 April - 4 wins - a colouring bundle, And Then We Ran book, Aram book, 6 months supply of Hairburst vitamins
May - 1 win - £100 John Lewis voucher
June- 1 win -£10 Lovetoshop voucher
July -



5. Get reading !
I finished The Brazilian. which I've reviewed, and also Skylarking by Kate Mildenhall and Me, Myself and Them by Dan Mooney, which I haven't had time to review yet. I'm now reading The Darkest Room by Johan Theorin, which looks like it's going to be a real spine-tingler. It's funny that's it's the second book in a row to be set in lighthouse cottages too !

6. Get FLYing !
Totally cleared out and reorganised my cupboard at work which looks so much better. Also started on the dejunk at home - had a good tidy up, bought a new table cloth, went round with a glue stick sticking down all the bits of sticky up wallpaper that have been picked at over the years, convinced the kids to have a good sort out in their rooms ... So far so good !

8. Get bloggy housekeeping !
No time - Klout has gone through the floor but stats are going back up for some reason. I need to grab time to go through emails, which are backing up again, and clear my draft posts, which are filling up again too. More jobs for the holidays !


9. Get French !
I finally got a phone call. I thought it was going to be inviting us to Lille to go and fill in the paperwork but, no, there's an in-between step that nobody mentioned. Tomorrow, some.woman is coming to our house to do her "investigation" on me. I have to provide her, again, with photocopies of all the documents that I've already sent in. She gaily informed me that it wouldn't be complicated as I have them already - I wanted to reply yes, so do you ! I think it's really invasive that she is coming to our home but there's not really a lot of choice !

What about you? Did you set yourself any targets, challenges or new year's resolutions this year? How are they going? 

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of doing a little blog post update each week about my new years resolution goals! I think the only one i've successfully managed is my comping. I challenged myself to win more than last years prize total for my comping.

    Last years prize winnings were around £8k, so far i've smashed it and won over £11k so far this year!

    The reason I haven't met my other new years resolutions though is probably because I have been to busy comping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, well done - sounds like a great haul :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...