Wednesday 19 July 2017

Globecooking recipe : Turrón de Jijona crème dessert (Spain)


This was such a simple yet delicious dessert that I'll have to have another go using different flavours.


It used one ingredient from my Spanish-themed Kitchen Trotter box (click through for my unboxing post) - a bar of Turrón de Jijona. I've had turron before and it was like soft nougat, but this one had a completely different texture. It's crumbly but slightly oily so you break pieces off and rub it between your fingers as if you were making breadcrumbs. I wasn't keen on the greasiness on my fingers but the flavour was lovely and it's perfect for melting into the cream.

Turrón de Jijona crème dessert 

ingredients :

150 g turrón de Jijona nougat
300ml milk
220ml full fat liquid crème fraîche (or single cream)
30g sugar
2 egg yolks


Crumble the nougat into a saucepan.


Add the cream and milk and whisk together over a gentle heat. Keep whisking non-stop until it starts to boil then turn off the heat and keep whisking until it is totally smooth.


In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until it turns pale and creamy.


Gradually add the egg yolks to the creamy mixture. Put back on the heat and cook for 5-10 minutes, making sure it doesn't boil, until it is thick and creamy.


Pour into bowls and leave to cool, then chill in the fridge for at least two hours.


You could sprinkle some crumbled praline or chocolate on top, but it's already delicious on its own.


Fancy trying a Spanish feast? Then how about some of my other Spanish recipes :


5 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks absolutely delicious xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dessert! I have eaten turron and torrone, but never in a creamy dessert. That's an inspired idea, must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice. I love nougat

    ReplyDelete
  4. where can you buy Turron? I would love to try this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anywhere that sells Spanish goodies, I would guess - definitely on amazon and online, not sure about the import sections in supermarkets

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...