Monday 24 February 2020

DVD review : Downton Abbey - The Movie


I was a bit of a late-comer to the world of Downton Abbey. I didn't watch it at all when it was on TV, but, after seeing all my friends oohing and aahing about all the stories on their social media accounts, I was intrigued so I gave in and bought myself a DVD boxset last year. I was instantly enchanted, catching up with all the upstairs-downstairs drama, and when I came to the end, I was lost. What would I use to fill my evenings ? 

Last month, I was delighted to be welcomed back inside Downton Abbey with the DVD release of Downton Abbey : The Movie, a sumptuous visit to catch up with all the latest goings-on of the original cast. The story picks up one year after the end of the series and the Crawley family and their intrepid staff have a new moment of excitement and stress to deal with : an impending visit from the Royal Family !



As you may expect, there is scandal, romance and intrigue that will leave the future of Downton hanging in the balance. I loved watching the much-loved family members, in particular my favourite, Violet Crawley, the matriarch of the family, with her witty one-liners, as they got to grips with their royal guests. Things are even more stressful in the servants' quarters and the kitchens, as they struggle to put on the best show of their lives.

Downton Abbey - The Movie is available on Digital from 13th January and Blu-ray and DVD from 27th January, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.



Disclosure : I received a review copy of the DVD.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...