Sunday 2 February 2020

Project 366 : Photo Diary Week 5

And we're finally into February - phew ! January seemed to last forever. I hate going to work AND coming home from work in the dark, so fingers crossed, the days will start stretching out a bit longer now. Here's what we got up to in the last week of January.


Sunday 26th January - Pierre is still working his way through the things he got for Christmas and he had great fun making the Chocolate Pizza kit that Sophie got for him. It came with a bag full of mix for the base, which he had to make up with water. The base already had chocolate chips in it, then there was a little bag of Smarties to sprinkle over the top and a bag of marshmallows to cover it with. After ten minutes in the oven, it was ready to eat and was declared delicious by both Pierre and Juliette. (He's nice, he shares ! lol)


Monday - My shoes finally arrived in the post. They were supposed to be for Christmas (a present to myself, supposedly from the kids !) but they took a while to arrive. They're lovely though. I already have a few pairs of Converse and these are fake fur-lined fake Converse. That's a lot of fakes in one sentence but they're lovely - really comfortable and they keep my feet lovely and warm !


 Tuesday - As usual on a Tuesday, I popped out of school to grab some lunch with a couple of friends in town. It was a weird day weather-wise. The sky seemed really low and there was a mist all day long. This is the rather impressive-looking council building just opposite where we ate, with a perfect reflection in the water. 


Wednesday - Juliette wanted to celebrate finishing her mock exams (all day on Tuesday and Wednesday morning) so we decided to start watching Hunger Games. I'd grabbed the boxset for half price in the sales. This is one of the films that we'd watched at the very end of the year a couple of years ago in class (the kids get to bring in a DVD to watch after the final grades and conseil de classe class meetings) but I was intrigued about how it ended as we only watched the first DVD. We've watched the first three DVDs now and only have one to go. Go Katniss !


Thursday - Pierre had some Skittles sweets and decided to get artistic, making a ring of them in a dish then pouring on some water. I have to admit, I was impressed. He'd seen it on a Youtube video apparently and wanted to try it out. He then made me go ewwww by eating all the soggy sweets at the end though. Kids ! *sigh*


Friday - Today is Brexit Day. I grabbed a quick snap of the French and European flags on a local school as we drove past on the bus. Who knows what will happen next? I'm not too worried in terms of our personal situation, as the kids all have dual nationality and I, luckily, applied for dual nationality the year before Madhouse Daddy died. At work, we're organising a school trip to England for the end of the year, but I have no idea what will happen in the future. Time will tell, I suppose. Some of my British friends in France who haven't got dual nationality are pretty worried about how things will turn out right now.


Saturday - As I was grabbing some quick shopping, Pierre asked if we could have a galette des rois. It's a bit late really as it's usually in the first week of January, for Epiphany, but they are still in the supermarkets, so I grabbed an apple one. After cutting it into slices, Pierre, as the youngest member of the family, went under the table and said who each piece was for as I was handing them out. There were only three of us, as Sophie is now in England, and obviously, the little fève (china figurine) was in the fourth part ! I chopped that into thirds and Juliette was the happy winner of a little elephant. She declared that she had never won the fève before, which I find hard to believe, but there you go. She was happy and even wore the paper crown for a while. Kids ! (Again  - I keep saying that this week !)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

24 comments:

  1. The chocolate pizza looks like a lot of fun. I have a pair of fur lined ankle boots and they are the best thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great - perfect for the winter as they keep my feet really warm, even when it's raining !

      Delete
  2. That chocolate pizza sounds like fun, I imagine my boys would approve of it. Neat trick with Skittles, Pierre! The ankle boots look cosy. And the reflection of the council building is beautiful. I've never watched Hunger games, maybe when Eddie is a bit older, we could watch the films together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too violent - you don't actually see anyone getting killed or injured, so Pierre has been watching it with us. The story is a bit horrible though, although Pierre said it's just like Fortnite, as they all get sent into a zone and have to kill each other !

      Delete
    2. Good to know! Pierre's making a good point.

      Delete
  3. Chocolate pizza! Yum, yum! What a treat!
    Those shoes looks so comfy and cosy.
    Ahh! I love the Hunger Games films but I haven't seen them in such a long time. I might have to watch them again.
    We have tried that with Skittles before it's so cool. My girls weren't brave enough to eat the soggy sweets though. Eww! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they tasted just the same - ewwww makes my skin crawl just thinking about it ! lol

      Delete
  4. That chocolate pizza looks amazing! Those fake-fur-lined fake Converses look very warm and comfortable. Love the photo with the council building reflected in the water. I’ve been meaning to try the Skittles experiment with Sophie at some point – love how colourful it looks. Brexit makes me sad – I’m also worried about things will turn out. Glad that you all have dual nationality though. #project366

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of hassle to apply for the dual nationality - so many papers to photocopy and send off, plus official translations that had to be paid for - but I'm so glad I did it now.

      Delete
  5. Ooh the chocolate pizza sounds delicious and something a bit different. That council building only looks half built.
    We did the skittles experiment a while back. They taste rank after the colour's leeched out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL He didn't leave the Skittles in the water for very long so he said they tasted the same :)

      Delete
  6. such a shame so many people are being unsettled with the uncertainty of what is going to happen.
    How nice to share his pizza and love the skittles colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great little project - scary how much colour is in them though !

      Delete
  7. My son would be in heaven with that chocolate pizza kit. I also worry about the future, my parents have lived in Spain for 15 years, I wonder if they will have to go for full citizenship. It's a sad state of affairs all round. Love those shoes, they sound fab #366

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tricky state of affairs and to be honest, nobody knows what will happen. Time will tell, I guess. Hope it all works out ok for everyone.

      Delete
  8. Chocolate pizza, that sounds good. Those shoes look great. I loved the Hunger Games book and films, although Divergent series was my favourite. We have tried that with Skittles before they are different x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Divergent, I will have to investigate ! xx

      Delete
  9. I love your fake fur, fake converse, they look snug. Glad to hear you've already got your French residency, I imagine travel will be as normal to the UK if you have dual citizenship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully ! I'm not too worried for us, but I think it'll take longer to get through the ferry ports :-/

      Delete
  10. That chocolate pizza sounds amazing.
    I love Converse, sadly I can't wear them due to knee issues, any more.
    I am trying to get my Irish passport sorted, so the kids and I have that, because it will make me feel better around the whole brexit nonsense and travel easier. Mad isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kinda scary. I don't see us having any issues, but I can see us being delayed at the ports due to increased checks :-/

      Delete
  11. My kids love chocolate pizza but there is no way I would have eaten the soggy sweets! #project366

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chocolate pizza sounds delicious and tempting! Nice converse but what's fake about them? The council building has great architecture. I love the Hunger Games!! I suppose you've all got an edge during this Brexit situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not genuine Converse, they're a cheap copy that another brand was selling !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...