Sunday 9 February 2020

Project 366 : Photo Diary Week 6

This week was totally boring - definitely a case of all work and no play. Even Saturday was our school open day so I had to go in to work in the morning, then after meeting up with the kids, going for food and getting in the shopping, I fell asleep for two hours - oops ! Thank goodness the holidays are on the way !


Sunday 2nd February - Our patio is looking decidedly grungy and waterlogged, with all the recent rain. I really need to get out there and clean it all up. The mud, the moss, the things that have blown about in the wind … Not doing it today though as it has been raining on and off all day. 


Monday - I start work later on a Monday and don't have to get out of the house until 9am. Much better than the usual dashing to the bus stop at 6.55 ! This morning's sky was full of promise. Bright blue with loads of aeroplane trails, which got me thinking about this summer. Where will we go this year? I really need to get something booked. We got as far as heading to the travel agent's to see what they had to offer on Saturday, but they've changed their opening times and are now shut on Saturday afternoons. That's crazy as I would imagine it was the busiest time of the week !


Tuesday - A busy day at work. Alongside all the usual lessons, we had kids from all the local primary schools visiting us and sitting in on our lessons this week. They were quite well behaved, so it was fine - much better than some years ! On the way home from work, I giggled at this cheeky seagull sitting on the head of the Jean Bart statue. He looks like he's about to flick it off with his sword !


Wednesday - A giant trowel, next to the local technical secondary school just down the road from our house. It's really big - my height is about equal to the rounded top of the trowel, below the handle. Today was a boring day, catching up with all the chores I hadn't had time to do at the weekend. This shot was snapped as I headed to the bus stop.


Thursday - Pierre has got a horrendous cough so he didn't sleep much. I said he could stay off school but I still had to go to work. A quick snap from the bus on the way home from work. The days are drawing out now. The sun is starting to set at about (5pm) but not too long ago, it was already dark by the time I arrived home ! I was looking outside at 6.30pm the other day, thinking yep, it's still light, spring is definitely on the way !


Friday - The end of the week. Well, not quite, as I have to go to work tomorrow - boo ! Pierre has still got a really bad cough, so he had another rest day. I finished off the Sticky Chinese Chicken Traybake that I'd made the day before. Very quick and simple to throw together on a work day but very tasty - I'll share the recipe next week. The Moroccan Chicken Traybake was another great midweek dish. I'm enjoying getting back into cooking and trying out new recipes again. I'd got lazy and gone for the same old fuss-free kid favourites since Madhouse Daddy died.


Saturday - Not only did I have to get up early to go to work, I also had to wait for the bus in freezing temperatures. So much for my comment about spring being on the way earlier in the week ! I haven't seen frosty rooftops since before Christmas - brrr !


Sunday - I got up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and was amazed at how brightly the moon was shining. In fact, I went to check I hadn't left a light on in one of the rooms ! It was a bit cloudy but the moon shone straight through. This is the storm moon, which sounds about right, given our current weather. A few hours later, it was blowing a gale. I don't think we'll be heading out today !

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a very busy week with work. I love the photo of the statue with the seagull perched on his head - it does look like the seagull is about to be flicked off with the sword. Hope that Pierre feels better soon. #project366

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One week to the holidays and counting ! lol. Pierre is definitely on the mend - back to school tomorrow !

      Delete
  2. The Moon shot is so creepy, I can well imagine it on the cover of a horror story. A shame you had to work on Saturday. Hope Pierre's cough is getting better. The statue with a seagull made me smile. A giant trowel is indeed giant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moon here was behind clouds, but earlier in the week it was so bright. I'm the same - resorting to the same meals, but on my diet I get to experiment more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to try new dishes, even if they're not all hugely popular !

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've had a very busy week with work. I hope it calms down soon. I do love the photo of the statue with the seagull perched on his head. I hope that Pierre feels better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he's pretty much stopped coughing, but now he's got ear ache * slaps head* lol

      Delete
  5. The moon picture looks like a bloodshot eyeball in b&w.
    I don't really blame you for taking an easier life since the death of Madhouse Daddy, one parent can do less than two.
    Hope Pierre is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww for the eyeball ! lol. I suppose you're right about not being able to do it all - I do try though, and beat myself up about it when I "fail". I can't see where the time goes at the weekend - there's never time to do it all !

      Delete
  6. Ahh! All work and no play sounds no fun at all. It sounds like you are looking forward to the holidays.
    Our garden is looking in a sorry state too after the storm yesterday. Eek!
    It sounds like such a busy week at work.
    I hope Pierre is feeling better now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the holidays is an understatement ! lol

      Delete
  7. Fabulous photos in this post. You really do have an eye for a good shot. I know what you mean about accidentally falling asleep for a couple of hours. Not that I am confessing to doing that very often, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The giant trowel is a little different. Our patio is equally in need of some tlc, it looks afwul, a job for beter weather isn't it #366

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite a busy week you've had. Great pictures! The statue does look like it's swipe away the seagull. The storm moon looks amazing, especially when the glare spreads to all the other clouds so it looks like thousands of grey cotton buds in the sky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the atmospheric shots of the statue, moon and the water that you ahve included this week (I didn have to go and look up who Jean Bart was!) #project366

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...