Monday 10 February 2020

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 7



This will be the last menu plan for a couple of weeks, as we'll be on school holidays and catching up with family. One more week of mad-dashing about with work and school - I can definitely do with a break and I'm sure the kids are the same ! So last week, we stayed totally on plan - woohoo ! I've already done the shopping for next week, so that should keep us on plan again. It'll be winding down the fridge mainly this week anyway !

Monday 

dinner - I bought a double pack of fresh beef meatballs on special offer, so I've been looking up some recipes to make with them. I like the look of this one - Meatball Stroganoff, with rice and veggies or salad

Tuesday 

dinner - Crunchy breaded chicken with Ebly (and I have some fish for me for a change - baked in the oven with lemon and garlic sounds good to me - oooh, or maybe spread with pesto, as I found a jar in the cupboard the other day)

Wednesday 

lunch - smoked sausages with lentils and maybe some boiled potatoes for the kids, who might moan about the lentils otherwise !

dinner - creamy chicken & bacon pasta - or maybe chicken with creamy bacon sauce and leftover potatoes, if there are some waiting in the fridge

Thursday 

dinner - the other half of the meatballs - I think I'll just do the usual meatballs and spaghetti with a tomato (& whatever veg is in the fridge) sauce, or maybe with couscous, as there seems to be a lot of pasta on the menu this week !

Friday  

dinner - fridge clearout - as it will probably be full of leftovers by now !

Saturday 

lunch - our regular Saturday lunchtime fast food trip. Probably McDonalds as usual.

dinner - sandwiches or cheese on toast

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

10 comments:

  1. Hooray for the school holidays.
    Great meal plan. I used the leftover meatballs in buns and covered them with cheese. I do like the sound of the Meatball Stroganoff! Yum! Yum x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, I remember thinking that sounded lovely - I don't have any buns at the moment though !

      Delete
  2. You could do like a takeaway with the left over meatballs and do meatball subs, if you have any smoked sausage left it would be like meat feast subs. Hope you all have a great half term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. meatball stragnoff is lovely really tasty. Think we need a fast food Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had cheese and toast for ages! Sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fish sounds lovely! I've bought some fish for next week! Can't wait now x Have a great weekend & thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sat down coming up with meal ideas for next week, I think I'll stick meatballs on the list! We haven't had them for such a long time and they always go down well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quick and simple to prepare too so they get bonus points from me ! lol

      Delete
  7. The meatball stroganoff sounds delicious. Will be adding this to my meal plans too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...