Monday 4 May 2020

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 19


I went shopping on Saturday this week - whereas I used to have a specific day for shopping, these days it's whenever we run out of food ! - so this time, I'm writing a plan based on what is actually in the fridge. This makes it easier than trying to guess what I'll be able to pick up once I get there, so I'm looking up loads of great new recipes to try out. Last week's plan swapped around a bit, as I had leftovers to use up and switched a few bits around, depending on what people wanted to eat. So, here's the plan for this week.

Monday

lunch- Caribbean Creole chicken fillets with mashed potatoes & beetroot salad

dinner - leftover pasta bolognese

Tuesday

lunch- chicken gyros with rice

dinner- Beef & green pepper skewers with ebly (or leftover rice) & coleslaw

Wednesday

lunch- I'm expecting leftovers that need using up by now

dinner- grilled chipolatas with ham & cheese potato croquettes

Thursday

lunch-  Patatnik, a Bulgarian dish made with grated potatoes and mint, with leftover chipolatas in a tomato sauce

dinner- something based on Cheesy Chicken & Yellow Rice

Friday

lunch- pasta bake with the final leftover chopped sausages, onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, ... whatever's in the fridge !

dinner - more leftovers, I think

Saturday

lunch- spaghetti carbonara

dinner- Meatball subs, but I'll be substituting steak for breaded turkey fillets, either on their own or with homemade fries and coleslaw

Sunday 

lunch-  Sticky Chinese chicken traybake with noodles

dinner- baked potatoes or maybe just toast

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

8 comments:

  1. I'm surprised by how many substitutions there still are on the rare occasion I can get a collection slot for shopping! Sounds like you're doing well. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the substitutions bear no resemblance whatsoever to what was ordered too ! lol

      Delete
  2. Great meal plan.
    I love the sound of Caribbean Creole Chicken. That's a new one for me which I fancy trying and the Sticky Chinese chicken traybake. I think that would go down well with my family x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caribbean Creole chicken was nice but tasted a bit too vinegary. Still haven't made the Chinese chicken traybake yet !

      Delete
  3. Wow what a great week we discovered meatball subs they are lovely. and pasta bake is such a great meal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have pinched the meatball subs off your menu plan actually ! lol

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely lot of meals. I like the sound of the Patanik too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that will end up getting pushed over to next week, as the potato croquettes lasted longer than planned !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...