Sunday 3 May 2020

Project 366 Photo Diary : Week 18

Week 18 ... another week done and dusted. We're still in confinement, back to (home) school after the Easter holidays and well, if I'm honest, getting a bit fed up of it all. But that doesn't mean to say that I'm overjoyed with the idea of going back to school/work in a few weeks. Yep, the French government has decided that people need to go back to work, which means the kids need to go back to school. In theory, Pierre will go back to school in one week's time, which seems too soon. We're still in the red zone so, hopefully, we won't have to go back. I could keep him at home, but in theory, I will have to go back to my secondary school the week after, so I won't be around to help him with his school work. We'll see what happens. I hear a lot of people moaning about being in confinement, but are you really ready to go back to normal life just yet ?


Sunday 26th April - As it was a lovely day, I went for a walk with Pierre. He took his scooter and we went for a wander around the docks where the big industrial barges are kept. There weren't too many people out and about but we had to change direction a few times to avoid them, which we made into a game. Down the end of this path (on the horizon, in this photo) is a sewage plant and it was pretty smelly going past there. Think yourself lucky that the photos are pong-free !


Monday - I couldn't get a good photo as the sun was in totally the wrong place but today was the day the roofers came and mended our roof. If you look at the diagonal cable in about the middle, there is a white L-shape where the roof meets the chimney stack. Well, if you look closely, there is a hole right there, about the size of two tiles. If you work your way down the roof, just before you get to the gutter, you can see the tiles/flashing that have slipped down. From Tuesday until Friday, it was pouring hard (for the first time in weeks) so I am so glad they came today !


Tuesday - Just a normal day of doing Pierre's schoolwork in the morning, then dealing with mine in the afternoon. He spent some time playing Fortnight with his friends and decided to carry Didou around in a big cardboard box, as you do. I have to say, the dog appeared to be enjoying it as much as he was !


Wednesday - It's been warm and sunny most of the time lately, especially during the holidays, so it was a big change this week. We had solid days of rain and even lots of hail. I hope the plants survive !


Thursday - Another day of work. Adding lots of lessons for each class and, as we're at the end of a chapter, uploading lots of tests too. That'll mean lots of extra marking for me to deal with - boo !


Friday - Today was a bank holiday so I had a day off work - woohoo ! I did a review of Tigg's Perfect Match Dressings and we had a bit of a play, making foodie faces to illustrate the review !


Saturday - France is debating bringing confinement to an end, sending the kids back to school the week after next for some levels, including Pierre's. Then, in theory, I will go back to school the week after. It's all a bit scary as nobody really knows what is going on, nor what the risks are, nor what they are putting in place to protect us all. We'll see, I guess ! They've also announced that we'll be allowed to travel 100km, so here is where we would be allowed to go. You're not allowed to cross borders, so you have to chop off Belgium, on the right, and the UK, in the top left. I was only intrigued to see whether Hastings is in my 100km. We could (hypothetically, if there were no borders) get to Lydd, which is only about 15 miles from home. So near and yet so far !

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


22 comments:

  1. My kids are desperate to get back to school, not sure if it will happen here although there are rumours that Year 6;s could go back in June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UK seems to be "copying" France since the beginning, with one week's delay each time, so, in theory, they'll be planning on sending the kids back soon. If they follow the same rules as France, it's voluntary though. We'll see what happens ! :-/

      Delete
  2. It really does seem too soon to even think about sending the kids back to school. I am very nervous about the prospect of it.
    Hooray for getting the roof fixed! It seems you timed it right to get it fixed with the rain coming soon after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so relieved when I saw the weather for the week ... it could have been nasty! lol

      Delete
  3. Yes I don't know how I feel about it either, as hard as it is, I have got used to the boys being at home with me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will definitely seem weird, for them and us !

      Delete
  4. I fear they finish the lock down to soon and we escalate again and have to go back into lockdown, I think people will be more reluctant to have a second term forced on them rather than one longer term.
    Dogs and cats often become play things with children, ours use to get a lot of manhandling, including getting dressed in dolls clothes and pushed around in a pram.
    We habe had little rain since lock down started, and have had some lovely weather these last few weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had great weather too, this is the first week it's been raining hard pretty much all week - in the by the skin of our teeth ! I'm amazed the dog puts up with it, but he seems happy enough ! lol

      Delete
  5. Love the photo of Pierre carrying Didou in the box and glad that you got your roof mended. I can imagine it must be scary having restrictions lifted - I know I've certainly started feeling more anxious lately at the talk of lockdown starting to be lifted and hoping that the children won't be back at school too soon as it still feels too early. Hope that all will be well with Pierre being back at school. #project366

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still in red zone, so Pierre is the only one to go back to school :-/

      Delete
  6. It does feel too early to be discussing back to school plans, but there is no set rules for this situation, sadly so many people seem to think the virus will just go away. Sorry you're unable to get to Hastings, apart from missing my husband, I'm actually enjoying the lockdown, it's the first time in years I've relaxed properly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm missing out as I'm still busy working every day. Not fair ! lol

      Delete
  7. Yeah, life isn't normal yet and it's too soon for school to start, especially when you can pay the teachers and attend online classes at home easily. I'm studying through online classes and my college is delayed till 15th July until further notice.
    That's a lovely place for a walk. Awwww, Didou!! We've had alot of rain here too. Cute face. Hmmm it seems France wants to get this over with yet is unsure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is, all the kids who don't have access to a computer or who have no desire to learn. Some of them have not been in touch for the last two months, despite our best efforts :-/

      Delete
  8. I am concerned about the kids returning to school especially as we now have the second highest death rate in the world. I agree that it will help the economy and stop parents going nuts, but is is safe? #project366

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it does feel a bit early to go back. Glad the pictures are pong free and you got your roof fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unfortunately if you come to the UK now, you will have to self isolate for two weeks it seems, so not sure it's worth it. We are waiting to see if they will send our kids back to school too. It's all a bit of a mess, isn't it? Glad you got your roof fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nightmare at the moment. No plans to go anywhere until the summer, so we'll see !

      Delete
  11. Yeah, life isn't normal yet. Online seems to be a good enough way just now. That's a lovely place for a walk. We've had a lot of rain here too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a sudden shock realisation that we're in the middle of May ! Summer is almost here and that just doesn't seem right somehow !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...