Saturday 13 February 2016

Madhouse recipe : Moroccan Spiced Vegetarian Haggis Puffs


You may remember me mentioning that I'd won a fabulous hamper from Macsween Haggis a few weeks ago and one of the products was this Moroccan Spiced Vegetarian Haggis. I had no idea what to expect so I examined the pack. It's described as a combination of vegetables mixed with pulses, apricots and prunes with a blend of spices and a hint of lime". It's very soft and sweet.



On the pack, it suggested looking up their recipe suggestion online for Moroccan Spiced Vegetarian Haggis Empanadas. Unfortunately my internet was playing up big time so I couldn't actually get online, but I liked the idea so I improvised. My version was lovely but I do like the sound of the original too.

Moroccan Spiced Vegetarian Haggis Puffs

ingredients :

1 pack ready-made puff pastry
1 pack Moroccan Spiced Vegetarian Haggis
a few cheese spread triangles
a little milk


Roll out the puff pastry and use a cookie cutter or glass to cut out discs.


Cover half of each disc with cheese spread.


Top with vegetarian haggis.


Fold over the other half of the disc and crimp with your fingers to seal. Brush with a little egg.


Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until they are golden brown and puffed up.


They're lovely as nibbles or you could serve them with couscous or mash and salad as a main meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...