Monday 5 October 2020

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 40


The weather has stayed wet and windy - definitely autumnal, so we'll stick with the winter warmers for now, I think. The slow cooker will be getting a regular workout from now on as it's lovely coming home at the end of the day to smells of warming casseroles wafting through the house. We got our heating fixed last week too - phew ! I went shopping at Lidl on Saturday and stocked up on meat for the week but I forgot to grab a bag of potatoes - doh ! I'll have to shoot back mid-week to grab some probably. We might just make do with rice, pasta, couscous and ebly for the week though. I've been looking through old recipes on the blog that were popular with the kids because they want to eat chicken all the time and I'm fed up with making the same dishes week after week !

Monday

lunch- there should be plenty of leftovers to use up

dinner - Smoky paprika chicken thighs with rice and ratatouille

Tuesday

dinner- fish, ebly, peas and carrots

Wednesday

lunch- I'm thinking there will be leftover chicken, with spaghetti

dinner- Pork casserole in the slow cooker - this recipe looks good and I love the idea of throwing apples in for the last hour as I still have some windfalls to use up from a friend - with mash

Thursday

lunch- leftover pork casserole with rice

dinner- Peruvian spicy creamed chicken (served with boiled potatoes)

Friday

dinner - a simplified version of Maftoul couscous - chicken, chickpeas and couscous basically

Saturday

lunch- McDonald's probably or whatever's in the fridge

dinner- pizza 

Sunday 

lunch- shepherd's pie

dinner- sandwiches or toast (or leftovers from the fridge)

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I am so glad you got your heating fixed. It's really needed at the moment. We have our gas check on Friday so I hope all goes well with our boiler.
    Fab meal plan. I love the sound of the pork casserole. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're glad to get the heating sorted!

    Your meals sounds lovely this week. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...