Thursday 30 September 2010

Boost Your Wash washing enhancer


I have to admit, when I was offered the chance to try out Challs' new washing enhancer called Boost Your Wash, I wasn't entirely sure I needed one. After all, most leading laundry detergents promise that they'll get rid of pretty much any stain you can throw at them - or at least that you can throw on your clothes ! If they're already claiming to be that efficient, what can a washing enhancer actually offer ?

Well, despite their claims, I have to say that with three kids, I do have some very stubborn stains in my laundry that never shift whichever brand of detergent I use. Sophie often gets nosebleeds and the bloodstains on her clothes or sheets never come out. Pierre's bibs feature an interesting mish-mash of ingrained brown chocolate yoghurt stains and orange carrot puree stains and if he does a particularly toxic poo that overflows, the stains on the edges of his bodysuits are indelible ! So I was interested to see what Boost Your Wash would make of them.

But the thing that really impresses me is that Boost Your Wash also contains anti-bacterial agents that will leave your washing not just clean but also odour and germ-free. That's great news in this day and age when eco-friendly and penny-wise families tend to use the lowest temperature possible for their washing machine. We do all of ours on 40° or even 30°, which isn't enough to kill all bacteria. The extra oomph offered by Boost Your Wash even at low temperatures could therefore be great news for us.

It's a really simple product to use. It complements any type of laundry detergent, whether powder, liquid or tabs, and can even be used for handwashing. You just add a capful or two, depending on how soiled your washing is, and let it work its magic.

I have to say, I was quite impressed. The really stubborn stains didn't totally disappear but they have faded so if they hadn't been so ingrained and "washed-in", the chances are they would have come out. The grimy undersides of socks certainly looked cleaner and grass stains on Juliette's jeans and leggings totally disappeared, which isn't always the case. But beyond the visible results, I love knowing that all the nasty bacteria have been killed off.It's definitely something that I'll keep using while the kids are such mucky-pups !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £3.99 for 500ml (enough for 16 washes)


Other reviews you may be interested in :

Ecover's concentrated laundry liquids
Method Laundry Detergent
Giveaway #16 - free one wash sample of method laundry liquid
Alma Win - Cleanut Eco-Friendly Liquid Laundry Detergent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...