Tuesday 7 September 2010

Jordans Juicy Apple & Sultana Frusli bars




Having already reviewed some of Jordans' delicious mueslis and Country Crisp, I was really pleased when they asked if I'd like to sample a box of their new Frusli cereal bars. I love cereal bars as a healthy snack option or a quick breakfast on the the run as I dash out of the door at 7am to get the bus to work, but I have to admit, I'd never tried Frusli before.



On their website, they say "Our new Apple, Sultana & Cinnamon Frusli bars are utterly delicious, and like the rest of the Frusli range contain at least 25% fruit, more than many other cereal bars. Thanks to the nature friendly wholegrain oats we use to make our Frusli bars each one will give you lasting energy wherever you are and whatever you are doing."



What really surprised me was the texture. They are much softer, moister and chewier than any of the other cereal bars that I've tried in the past. You don't get any of the jaw ache or mouth-full-of-sawdust sensation some of the drier bars give you ! It feels and tastes like something you'd eat as a naughty little treat rather than something you force yourself to eat because you're trying to be healthy !



The taste is really delicious too and the combination of flavours is delicate and well balanced. You instantly taste fresh juicy apples and sultanas but then a lovely warming undertone of cinnamon kicks in. I love cinnamon as it always makes me think of Christmas or steaming apple pie with a dollop of vanilla ice cream so it's great news for my waistline that I can eat a cereal bar and think indulgent comfort food !



Having just had a look on their website, I can tell you that Frusli exists in seven varieties : Cranberry and Apple ; Raisin & Hazelnut ; Red Berry ; Ltd Edition Morello Cherry & Cocoa ; Blueberry ; Truly Tropical ; and the Apple, Cinnamon & Sultana ones that I tested. They all sound absolutely delicious so I think I'll have to buy a pack of each to seriously funk up my breakfasts and start my hectic days with a moment of me-time munching at the bus stop ! In fact, as each bar only contains 111 calories (for the Apple & Sultana variety), I might even have two !


I also have great news for you - if you're quick, you can grab yourselves a free bar by signing up to the Jordans newsletter.


star rating : 5/5

RRP : £1.79 for a box of 6


Other reviews you may be interested in :

Jordans Country Crisp

Kellogg's Fibre Plus Bars

Monster Puffs - Sugar Puffs Bars

Eat Natural Fruit and Nut Bars

Harvest Cheweee Cereal Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...