Sunday 8 May 2016

Madhouse recipe : Cinnamon Raisin Ready Brek Muffins


I have lots of sachets of Ready Brek in the cupboard and now that the temperatures are soaring, I'd be very surprised if the kids eat them as porridge, so I've been trying to think up ways of using them up in cooking. This first experiment was very successful so I'll definitely be trying out other baked treats using it - maybe cookies next time?

Cinnamon Raisin Ready Brek Muffins


ingredients :

65g Ready Brek (I used one chocolate and one original sachet)
65g flour
1tsp baking powder
50g sugar
1 egg
65ml milk
65ml vegetable oil
pinch of salt
1tsp cinnamon
big handful of raisins


Put all the dry ingredients - Ready Brek, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar - in a bowl and mix.
 

Put the wet ingredients - egg, milk and oil - in a separate bowl and whisk together.


Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.


Toss in the raisins and stir again.


Put into a greased muffin tray.


Bake for 20 minutes at 200°.


The oats are so fine that the muffins have a smooth, moist texture. Flavour-wise, they were a bit bland though so I would probably add frosting next time.


This used up some of my stash of Ready Brek so I'm adding it to the #KitchenClearout linky.

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of Ready Brek, the muffins look very tasty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...