Have you had lots of fun adventures this summer? If you're shaking your head sadly, saying that you didn't go anywhere on holiday this year, never fear - you don't have to go far away to exotic locations to have an adventure. All you need is your local park or your back garden and a little bit of imagination and you're good to go !
That's where Persil can help out with their ‘Persil Wild Explorers’ app, created in conjunction with The Wild Network. It's an absolutely free resource packed with over 100 exciting ideas to encourage kids and families to play, learn and get dirty outdoors - whatever the weather!
Whether creating a Mud Volcano or becoming an ant detective, little explorers – and their parents – will soon discover the endless play opportunities the great outdoors has to offer. Many activities take as little as 10 minutes to enjoy and none of them ‘cost the earth’.
‘Persil Wild Explorers’ includes a huge variety of fun ideas to help families choose outdoor activities to fit their lifestyle, including those living in urban areas or who are always short on time. Budding adventurers can get started by going ‘smell collecting’ or ‘playing conkers,’ whilst seasoned explorers can share their skills with ‘making your own nature show’. Families can choose to further embrace outdoor play by becoming mildly mucky or even really quite grubby!
A must-have for parents, Persil has created the free app following research revealing the decline of outdoor play as three quarters of UK children (74 per cent) spend as little time outdoors as the 60 minutes recommended for prison inmates ! With the help of this clever tool, parents can win the battle to free the kids and encourage them to step outdoors and away from their screens.
Jennifer King, Senior Brand Manager for Persil UK & Ireland at Persil comments:
“Playing outdoors isn’t just fun – it also helps a child’s development by teaching them important social skills such as team work, as well as inspiring creativity and imagination. We know that parents struggle to encourage their children outdoors, so we’ve worked with the experts at The Wild Network to compile a host of exciting activities – some requiring as little as 10 minutes of ‘Wild Time’. With Persil taking care of the resultant mess and stains, parents will be sure to enjoy it just as much as their kids.”
The Persil Wild Explorers app is available to download now absolutely free on iOS and Android, allowing parents and their children to:
· Explore family-friendly activities for different locations
· Discover an activity for any weather condition
· Find outdoor play ideas ranging from 10 minutes to hours of fun
· Uncover activities for explorers of all ages
· Track Wild Time adventures
Some of our favourite activities from the app are :
- Build A Fairy House – Bring a bit of magic to the end of your garden and build your very own fairy house
- Nature in Focus – Put your favourite bits of nature in front of the camera and share them with the world
- Daisy Chain – From bracelet to long necklaces, learn how to make awesome summer daisy chains
- Go Crabbing – Explore some rock pools and get friendly with the crabs. Watch the nippers!
- Be A Seashell Artist – See what colours, shapes and sizes you can collect and create a seashell masterpiece
- Fly A Kite – Bit breezy outside? Great – it’s perfect weather for flying a kite!
Have you been having much outdoor fun over the summer? I'd love to hear what you've been getting up to.
For further information and even more ideas on getting out and getting dirty, visit www.persil.co.uk.