Thursday 25 May 2017

In Chocolate Heaven at The Madhouse ! (Cadbury Dairy Milk review)


"OK kids, who wants to help with some reviewing?"
(vague mumbles, distinctly lacking enthusiasm)
"It's for chocolate ..."
"COMING !!! Wait for me !"

I must admit, even I let out a little squeal of excitement when I saw the fabulous selection of Cadbury Dairy Milk bars that we received through the post. Although we've tried lots of them in the past, there were some, such as Whole Nut, that I would never have bought because I was convinced that the kids wouldn't like it - but they proved me completely wrong !


Unsurprisingly, the kids wanted to start with the most exciting sounding one - Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy. Hiding under the chocolate in this weird and wonderful bar you get chewy jellies, colourful sugar coated chocolate beans and ... wait for it ! ... popping candy ! I know it sounds like a very strange combination but weirdly, it works and you get the extra excitement of not knowing which combination you'll get in each piece. The Madhouse Mini-Testers were squealing "oooh I've got a jelly" or "awww I haven't got any Smarties in this bit" then the popping candy came through and their face was a real picture ! It's certainly too good to reserve for the kids though - the grown-ups loved it too, especially with the crazy paving-type irregular "squares" that mean you can have a big or small piece.
 
 
 Next we moved on to Dairy Milk Crunchie Bits which was sure to be a big hit as Crunchie is one of our favourite sweets. This was studded with lots and lots of sweet, crunchy honeycomb pièces that perfectly complemented the smooth, creamy chocolate. As delicious as we expected.
 
 
Dairy Milk Daim was another dead cert because we all love Daim. I was worried the Daim flavour would be overpowered by the chocolate but no, it holds its own and both flavours come through. Perfect !
 
 
I was hoping to keep the Dairy Milk Caramel hidden until the kids went to bed but it didn't happen. I always pick the caramel keg type chocolates first when we have a box of chocolates and this didn't disappoint in bar form. The oozy, gooey, sweet caramel comes flooding out when you bite into a square ... this is possibly my favourite.
 
 
For the traditionalists or those who like a fuss-free, purer chocolate experience, the classic Dairy Milk, Dairy Milk Fruit & Nut and Dairy Milk Whole Nut are all perfectly nice, but I must admit I've been won over by the more original flavours of the newer additions. The kids absolutely loved the crunch and "Nutella flavour" of the Whole Nut bar, much to my surprise.
 
 
They were excited to discover Dairy Milk Oreo in both Peanut Butter and Mint flavours, both of which were deemed delicious, although the mint and peanut butter flavours, lovely as they are, do tend to overpower the taste of the Oreo pièces, which we thought was a shame. We made short work of the bars though so it obviously didn't put us off that much !
 
So basically, we loved the whole lot ! It was an eye-opener as we usually buy the same varieties and this has convinced us to mix things up to add a bit of variety.
 
What do you prefer? Have you got a favourite bar?
 
Disclosure : We received the products in order to write an honest review.

3 comments:

  1. What a delicious review! I had no idea the crunchie bite one existsed!
    Cadbury's chocolate is always so delicious, excuse me whilst I head straight to the shops to get some :D

    Coffee & Avocados

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaurenCharlotte10821 June 2017 at 18:35

    Gotta be the original Oreo Dairy Milk ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...