Sunday 28 May 2017

New Year Resolutions Review week #21: Found the pause button!


Last week, I lamented that I was running around like a headless chicken and needed to find the pause button for life. This week, I found it, thanks to the fab French tradition of "making the bridge" and taking off the Friday or Monday when a bank holiday falls on a Thursday or Tuesday. Therefore, I had a two day week at work, as I don't work Wednesdays - just what the doctor ordered. It's given me a chance to race through all my marking - just the reports to fill in this week and I can breathe again.

1. Get Fit(bitting) !
Lots of marking invariably means lots of sitting around on my bum so I only hit my 10k step target on two days.


2. Get cooking bookmarked recipes ! 
I finally got around to trying a recipe for cream of tomato soup and was stunned to see that it tasted just like the tinned stuff, minus the hidden nasties. That was it for making bookmarked recipes, but I did also cull a lot in my drafts folder, which is another way of clearing the backlog !

3. Get geocaching !
We went for a long walk at Cap Blanc Nez, on the white cliffs of Calais (and could clearly see the Dover counterparts across the water) so I added a whole series of caches to my GPS before we left. However, when we got there, they hadn't saved properly - grrrr ! I did manage to find three virtual caches though - landmarks where you just needed to answer a question rather than find an actual cache, so I managed to add three to my tally, taking us to 221.

4. Get comping !
No new wins but my £100 John Lewis shopping voucher arrived :)

2017 wins :
January : 4 wins - £20 shopping voucher, Mr Lee's noodles, Ambrosia trifle glasses, set of 5 books
 February : 1 win - tea & personalised mug (prize for Galina)
March - 1 win - a Bear Grylls adventure book
 April - 4 wins - a colouring bundle, And Then We Ran book, Aram book, 6 months supply of Hairburst vitamins
May - £100 shopping voucher


5. Get reading !
Still reading Under A Sardinian Sky by Sara Alexander.

6. Get FLYing !
No - just the minimum this week !

8. Get bloggy housekeeping !
Got sidetracked by family history research so made no more headway with clearing old broken and spammy links. Got my emails down to 57 and draft blogposts down to 394 though (aimed for under 400 so smashed it). That's much more manageable so I'll have to keep on top of them so they don't start rising again.


9. Get French !
STILL waiting to be summoned to the préfecture with Madhouse Daddy.

What about you? Did you set yourself any targets, challenges or new year's resolutions this year? How are they going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...