Friday 11 November 2016

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 11/11


I know that I said that once Halloween was out of the way, I thought it was quite reasonable to start looking towards Christmas, but even I was slightly taken aback to see the Christmas adverts coming out in force this week ! That said, we're definitely into winter-warmer season now - it's decidedly damp and chilly out there so we'll be eating lots of soups and food that sticks to your ribs !

Saturday 

lunch - our traditional weekly trip to McDonald's to ease into the weekend

dinner - orange, rocket and goat's cheese salad with grilled salmon

Sunday

lunch - probably the usual roast, I'd guess chicken or pork, with all the trimmings


dinner - split pea and bacon soup was a resounding success last week, and I had a comment saying it was lovely for using up the leftovers from the Sunday roast too - sounds perfect

Monday 

dinner - there will probably be leftover soup from last night - if not, spaghetti carbonara (with bacon and cream, as well as added leeks and mushrooms, for the Madhouse twist on the classic recipe)

Tuesday 

dinner - something Indian - not sure what yet, as I have lots of odds and ends in the cupboard (dried beans and lentils, curry pastes and sauces, ...) - possibly flatbread, dhal, samosas, onion bhajis or just plain curry and rice, depending on how inspired I'm feeling !

Wednesday 

lunch -Tunisian tagine, which is nothing like a Moroccan tagine - it's basically an omelette with minced beef and onion stirred into the egg - I have no idea how this will work ! I might serve it with ratatouille or tomato salad

dinner - crêpes that we brought back from Brittany (you'll never get them as thin and crispy if making them yourself !) with the classic filling of ham, cheese and a fried egg, followed by dessert crêpes with Nutella and banana or sugar and lemon juice, for whoever is still hungry

Thursday 

dinner -  kuku choma with kachumbari, which sounds exotic but is really spicy grilled chicken with tomato and red onion salad !


Friday 

dinner - I think I'll have a fridge full of leftovers but if not, chilli con carne with rice

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the #MealplanMonday bloghop :



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...