Monday 20 January 2020

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 4


Most of last week's menu got made, with a couple of changes when the kids asked for something specific or we had too many leftovers. This week, I went shopping early Saturday afternoon (and grabbed all the reduced-to-clear meat !) so I'm writing this menu plan with a full fridge, knowing what I have to use up. On Friday this week, the Norwegians are over (from our school project) so I may end up having to go out for a meal with them, but nothing is planned at the moment. And on Wednesday, Juliette has an orthodontist's appointment late afternoon, so we'll see what time we get out of there. Here's what's planned for this week.

Sunday 

lunch - roast chicken, roast potatoes, veggies and gravy - if I remember, I'll make some stuffing too, as I found a couple of packs in the cupboard

dinner - leftovers, cheese on toast or "bits and crisps" (nibbles from whatever's in the fridge)

Monday 

dinner - There should be roast chicken-roast potato-veg-gravy leftovers from yesterday to use up. I'm pretty sure I have a roll of pastry in the freezer, so I'll knock up a chicken & veg pie, with mash. I'll have a look at what veg is lurking in the cupboard - I think there should be a tin of sweetcorn to go with it too.

Tuesday 

dinner - I have some meatballs, that I will fry off and serve with pasta and tomato sauce, or maybe with veggies and couscous - I'll see what the kids fancy.

Wednesday 

lunch - chicken paupiettes with rice and carrots

dinner - I might need something quick if we get in late after the orthodontist's, in which case pasta and a jar of sauce will cover all bases. But if we don't get in too late, garlic chicken with potatoes and green beans sounds good to me.

Thursday 

dinner - Cottage pie with carrots (or I may just throw the carrots in with the meat to save time). Hmmm I haven't had cottage pie for ages and I really fancy it now !


Friday  

dinner - chicken gyros with rice or couscous (depending on what we had on Tuesday) and salad

Saturday 

lunch - our regular Saturday lunchtime fast food trip. Probably McDonalds as usual.

dinner - sandwiches or cheese on toast

Sunday 

lunch - chicken stir fry with noodles and loads of veggies

dinner - leftovers, cheese on toast or "bits and crisps" (nibbles from whatever's in the fridge)


***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

6 comments:

  1. Ahh! Reduced to clear meat is the best type of meat.
    Great meal plan! I hope Juliette's orthodontist's appointment goes well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's on the end of it now - her braces are off and she just has a thing to put in her mouth overnight. Final year - phew !

      Delete
  2. love a treat fast food trip and meatballs are great

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a roast chicken is one of my favourite dinners ever!

    Thanks for linking up and I hope you're having a good week so far x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now want cottage pie - it's the best comfirt food on a chilly day, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab meal plan! I love cottage pie, such a hearty meal.
    Hope all went well at the orthodontist's appointment. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...