Tuesday 12 July 2011

Morphy Richards Accents Toaster review


As I told you in my review earlier for their Jug Kettle (that you can see here), I've been reviewing lots of lovely products for Morphy Richards in my role as House Proud Innovator. I loved the red Jug Kettle they sent, which matches our red Dolce Gusto machine, so I was over the moon to get the matching toaster too. Although, if you don't like red, you also have the choice of blue, green, white, and ... wait for it ... lime green and purple ! I love having funky -coloured appliances in the kitchen that make me smile as I do the washing up or saunter in half-asleep and bleary-eyed in the morning.


I love the rounded corners of the toaster (if it was a woman, you'd say she was voluptuous and curvy !) and the shiny metallic trim. The retro look and funky colours instantly make me think of a classic American diner - maybe I should redo the kitchen with black and white tiles and buy a black vinyl bench !

But it doesn't just look good, it's also a very nifty toaster with some great design features. Firstly - and most importantly - it has a variable browning control, which is brilliant if you have fussy kids ! I also love the fact that it has a defrost setting (handy if you freeze your bread and defrost it a few slices at a time as needed) and a reheat function (very useful if - as always happens - the phone rings or Pierre does an incredibly stinky nappy just as the toast pops out of the toaster !).

It has two slots for toasting two slices at once and you can choose the thickness, which is brilliant if you make your own bread, as we do, as it invariably comes out thicker than shop-bought sliced bread. If you like toasting other things like crumpets, muffins, rolls, burger buns or malt loaf, the high lift facility is really handy (and avoids the death-defying poking around in the toaster with a knife when black smoke starts pouring out and you can't get the stuck crumpet out ... or is that just me ?!).

The removable crumb tray is fabulous too - no more shaking the toaster all over the place upside down trying to get all the crumbs out and making them ping all over the floor. (Oh, is that just me again then ?!)

It's a lovely-looking toaster that creates evenly cooked toast every time. And you even get a crumb-free kitchen. What more could you ask for ?!

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £34.99


Other reviews you may be interested in :

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm... hope they give one of these away on the 75th b-day giveaway. I think I'd get the lime green one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new toaster and this one would look good in my kitchen, now to convince the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was thiking about getting one of these in cream and of course the matching kettle :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just purchased the cream kettle and toaster, on ebay, they look great

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...