Saturday 30 July 2011

Nair Pretty Naturals Naturally Smooth Hair Removal Cream review


I have to say, I really don't like hair removal creams. On the rare occasions that I've used them in the past, I've found that - whatever the brand - firstly, they stink of rotten eggs, and secondly, they don't work. At best, they remove some hair but not all of it, leaving you with hairy legs with patchy bald bits that look even worse than before you started. Or you wipe off the cream and your legs look exactly the same as when you started. Ever since my teens, I've been a razor kind of girl.

But, my - *sniff* - little girl is getting all grown up. In two weeks, just as we fly home from Turkey, she'll be celebrating her 10th birthday. Double figures ! How old does that make me feel ?! And one of the things that has been bothering her is having hairy legs when she gets her shorts and swimsuit out. At first, I brushed it off with a "oh, don't worry about it, nobody will even notice at your age" ! but then I noticed that she was really feeling self-conscious and we had a girlie heart-to-heart. Apparently, someone called her Gorilla legs at school when she wore a skirt and now she's all self-conscious ! I have to say, she does have very hairy legs, but luckily the hairs are blonde so not very noticeable.

But we'll be in shorts all the time in Turkey for the next fortnight so I said we'd use a special cream to get rid of the hair. I looked in the cupboard and found a tube of Nair. As this was a total first for her, I used it with her at the same time, sneakily expecting to finish off the job properly with a razor when she was in bed.

Well, I was gobsmacked to see it actually worked ! I had short dark stubble, which wiped off with the cream after leaving it on for 5 minutes. Sophie, who had finer longer hairs, was also left with totally smooth, hairless legs and you could actually see clumps of "fur" on the flannel we used to wipe off the cream ! I was amazed, Sophie was over the moon, big smiles all round for going on holiday tomorrow and maximum "fab Mum" points !

The product we used was Nair Pretty Naturals Naturally Smooth Hair Removal Cream. The label says : "The delicious raspberry formula is gentle to sensitive skin and results last twice as long as shaving". Well, it has a lovely raspberry fragrance in the tube but it still has that unpleasant sulphur-like undertone when you've spread it all over your legs. Luckily, it doesn't linger after you've wiped and rinsed it all off.

It has a really moisturising formula too so our legs are in perfect condition for a fortnight in the sun. As a first-time for Sophie, it all went really well so I'm sure she'll be a Nair-fan for life ! I have to say, even I've been converted too and found the whole experience much more positive than I was expecting. I'm still blown away that for once, it actually worked !

The 150ml tube did both of our legs up to the knees with a little bit left over. We used a very thick layer of cream, so you could possibly get away with using less, but I wanted to give it the best possible chance of working. Which it did ! Amazingly !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5.10 for 150ml


Other reviews you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. Really? it really worked? Because, yes, like you, I am a razor girl! but if it really works, then I might give it a go, and it's not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww bless your little baby growing up :( sad isnt it !!!

    school friends can be so mean, i hate name calling, but well done on how you handled the situation :)

    im a razor girl too but like you my little girl is growing up so i may well get some of this just for her :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...