Friday 22 July 2011

Boots Essentials Cucumber Moisturising Cream review



I love cucumber in beauty products. I always think that its high water content must be really good for our skin and all those generations of women who have put slices of cucumber over their eyes know how relaxing it can be and how effective at combating puffy eyes. I always find it has a calming scent too, which is probably why we say “as cool as a cucumber” !



I received a pot of Boots Essentials Cucumber Moisturising Cream to try out in my Holiday Hotlist suitcase of goodies (see here). I like the uncluttered, two-tone green packaging – in fact, if you want a really sleek, chic pot on your bathroom shelf, you can peel off the two labels front and back and it will look like something you picked up at an exclusive spa !



The product looks quite gloopy in the pot but when you rub it into your skin, it is quickly absorbed leaving no greasy residue, just a lovely cooling sensation that is perfect for the summer. The ingredients list does contain a lot of vaguely chemical-sounding names that I'd never heard of so it's not an all-natural product, but it does contain extract of cucumber to help soften and soothe the skin. It is also enriched with cucumber and vitamins, making it suitable for day or night use, and antioxidants to help protect the skin from environmental damage.



I love the delicate cucumbery/melony scent and the light, non greasy texture. I've been using it on my face, morning and night, and my skin looks and feels lovely and moisturised but it can also be used quite successfully as a body cream.



The small pot and multi-purpose aspect, as well as the bargain basement price, make it a perfect product for throwing in your holiday suitcase.


Star rating : 4/5

RRP : £1.52 for 100ml


Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...