Thursday 14 July 2011

Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn Nourishing Bath Bar review

I love using all natural, organic beauty products but when it comes to bubble bath, shampoos and soaps, I often find that they're sadly lacking in bubbles because they don't have chemical foaming agents to make them lather up properly. I was therefore really impressed with the soap I was sent to try from Aubrey Organics because it lathers up just as well as any normal, non-organic soap. Yay !

I've already reviewed the natural sunscreen from Aubrey Organics (here) so I knew a little bit about the company. Their mission, as stated on their website, is to "provide all-natural, safe and effective personal care and lifestyle products" and offer "a true and authentic alternative to many of the mass produced synthetic products on the market today". They explain : "At Aubrey Organics we believe great ingredients make great products. This is the simple philosophy at the heart of the pioneering personal care company Aubrey Hampton founded over 40 years ago. Since the very beginning, the high standards we set for ourselves have not changed. We use only the finest herbal, plant extracts and natural vitamins in all of our products. You will find no paraben preservatives, no petrochemicals, no artificial colors or fragrances of any kind. Today Aubrey Organics remains committed to making healthy, natural products based on herbal traditions that, in many cases, date back thousands of years. We believe that everything we know about hair and skin care we learned from nature first."

I received the nourishing bath bar containing sea buckthorn, that you can see at the top of this blogpost, but there are three other variants available :
the hydrating bath bar with white camellia
 the luxurious bath bar with rosa mosqueta
and finally the soothing bath bar with evening primrose.

The packaging of all four bars is really pretty and looks great on show in the bathroom before it's opened. The visuals really highlight the importance of the natural ingredients and herbal extracts in the soap.

Sea buckthorn, the featured ingredient in the nourishing bath bar that we received to review, is rich in antioxidants and hydrates and protects the skin. It is combined with lovely natural emollients, shea butter and organic evening primrose, to moisturise and soothe the skin, making it perfect for anyone with sensitive, dry or eczema-prone skin.

I started off using this soap for washing hands in the bathroom sink but it left my skin feeling so lovely and supple and soft that it soon moved over to the bath for use all over the body, for the grown ups but also the kids because its gentle ingredients are ideal for their sensitive skin. It causes no irritation whatsoever and leaves skin feeling hydrated and nourished. It's perfect for use on skin that has been in the sun and needs some TLC.

The scent is light and natural and, although I couldn't put my finger on the fragrance, looking at the list of ingredients, I think it must be the sandalwood oil that I could detect. It's a unisex fragrance that is perfect for a bar that the whole family can use.

Given the high quality of the product, its natural ingredients and the organic status, I was pleasantly surprised by the price. At £3.86, it's more expensive than bargain basement supermarket own brand soaps but is comparable to the other luxury soap brands out there.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £3.86 for 102g


Other reviews you may be interested in :


4 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, I may have to treat myself! (don't tell hubby!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @needaphone This is esquisate I need some in my life. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kohsamuirosie thanks for this review, I was looking to try some new soap.. this is one I shall be looking out for

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...