Saturday 23 July 2011

Lush Happy Hippy Grapefruit Shower Gel review


As I told you when I reviewed their Squeaky Green Shampoo Bar (here), I first used Lush about twenty years ago ! How old does that make me feel ?! Happy Hippy Shower Gel was the first product I got addicted to. It could always be found in the shower stall in our Swansea shared student house because its zingy, invigorating, zesty fragrance was the perfect hangover cure and about the only thing that would wake me up enough to get me anywhere near the lecture hall in time for an 8am lecture, which seemed like the crack of dawn back then !

I've been having a real trip down memory lane, rediscovering some of the Lush products that I haven't tried for years, so I was really excited when a bottle of Happy Hippy arrived for me to review. Now, I have to say, I do miss the psychedelic purple and orange label that I remember from my student days but that's the only thing that's changed. It still has the great citrus fragrance that is perfect for waking you up in the morning or lifting your spirits after a long day at work.

It creates a soft lather and feels really gentle and moisturising on your skin. You get that really clean feel when you get out of the shower, with your skin but also your mind feeling clean and bubbly !

Knowing (and loving) Lush's totally natural and organic credentials, I had a slight shock-horror moment when I thought they'd added colouring to the gorgeous mix because it wasn't the same yellowy colour I remember. But the heart-stopping moment was short-lived. They explain on the website : "It's made with fresh, organic pink grapefruits. These vary in colour, so your new bottle of Happy Hippy may have a slightly different lemon-to-rosy hue from the previous one you bought."

When natural, fresh, handmade products can be as good as this, it seriously makes you wonder why anyone ever needs to use chemical nasties in beauty products at all. I'll definitely be buying this again. It is a bit more expensive than many other shower gels on the market but that's the price to pay for fresh, hand made, totally natural and organic goodies that look after your skin and cheer you up with their fabulous fragrances.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £3.25 for 100g, £5.95 for 250g, £10.5 for 500g


Other reviews you may be interested in :

4 comments:

  1. I love Lush products! I've not tried this range before though - might be the next one on my 'to try' list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another lovely review for lush products - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Lush's products but they are definitely worth trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, it looks so lush I can almost smell it!

    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...