Thursday 14 July 2011

Trend Micro™ SafeSync™ review




As I've told you many times before, I'm a Bzz agent which means that I get to try out and keep products for free in return for my honest feedback and helping to spread the word about my experiences. If you'd like to become a Bzz agent, you can join up here.

This time, I was given the opportunity of trying out Trend Micro™ SafeSync™, a clever programme that keeps your files in a safe place that only you can access and that is accessible from everywhere. We do it all the time with emails. You know how, when you happen to be at your parents' house or at a friend's, or if you have an idle moment at work, and you decide to quickly check your emails. We take it for granted now that we can access email from anywhere we want, simply and safely, anywhere in the world. But Trend Micro™ SafeSync™ allows you to do the same thing with your files, whether they be photos, videos, music, or documents. As a blogger, I find this really useful because any documents I need to complete my articles are available wherever I am whenever I need them, whether I'm on the laptop or main computer at home or even on holiday. It's also great for anybody who wants to access family photos, music or other files to share them with friends and family.

I didn't actually realise that this is what "cloud computing", something that I keep seeing mentioned online, is all about. The safe place for you to save your files in is called a cloud. All you need to retrieve your special memories is a web-enabled device, whether it's a desktop computer, laptop, iPad, iPhone, or Android device. And you can be sure your information is secure, with virus scanning and file transfer encryption services built into the software. It makes posting files on twitter and facebook or emailing them to a specific contact easy peasy.

I love the fact that it's all done automatically, backing up your files to the cloud as soon as you save them so they are instantly available without you doing anything. This also means that if you accidentally delete something, or if your original files are corrupted, you can retrieve previous versions from SafeSync's recycling bin. It also defends your equipment from cyber attack with multiple firewalls.

If you use photo hosting websites like photobucket, it's the same idea but you can use it for other types of files. Even if you're a bit technologically-challenged, it's still simple to get to grips with.

The price depends on the storage capacity of your cloud - £24.95 for 20GB, £59.95 for 50GB and £99.95 for 100GB - but Bzz have a special discount code (BZZ20) which gives you a spectacular 50% off the 20GB package.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £24.95 for 20GB (but 50% off with code BZZ20)

for more information : http://trendmicro.com/safesync

Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...