Of all the recipes in the Warburtons Hi-Taste Lo-Fat 2-week Eating Plan, I have to say this is the one that appeals to me the most. Even better news is that two slices of Warburtons Fruit Loaf with Orange provide one of your 5-a-day - how cool is that ?!
The orange in the fruit loaf compliments the cinnamon flavour really well.
Makes: About 8 slices
Takes about 5 minutes to make and 8 minutes to cook
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tbsp semi skimmed milk
- About 1-2 tsp vegetable oil
- About 5g small piece low fat butter
- 8 slices Warburtons Fruit Loaf with Orange
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- About 3 tsp small sprinkling of sugar
- 4 handfuls fresh cherries or berries or other fruit, to serve
- 1. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and mix with a fork
- 2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan
- 3. Dip a slice of the Warburtons fruit loaf with orange into the egg mixture and put it straight into the pan, depending on the size of the pan you should fit 3 or 4 slices in the pan at one time. Cook for 2 -3 minutes on each side or until cooked and golden
- 4. Repeat with the rest of the bread and egg mixture.
- 5. Cut each slice of French Toast in half, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and serve with fresh cherries or other fruit
for more information : www.facebook.com/warburtons
Disclosure : Warburtons sent me a couple of loaves of bread and some brioche rolls to help start us off on the Hi-Taste Lo-Fat 2-week Eating Plan.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :