Saturday 21 July 2012

Warburtons Hi-Taste Lo-Fat 2-week Eating Plan



As you'll know if you're a regular follower of my blog, since October last year, I've lost 11kg which I'm over the moon about. I still have a long way to go (you can keep track of how I'm getting on in my weekly weigh-in blogposts every Sunday) but the most fabulous thing is, I'm eating totally normally - nothing is forbidden, I'm not starving myself, I'm eating the same food as the rest of the family. The only thing I'm doing is keeping check of my portion sizes, tracking what I eat with Weight Watchers Online and filling up on zero ProPoint foods (ie lots of fruit and vegetables).

I was therefore very pleased to learn about Warburtons Hi-Taste Lo-Fat 2-week Eating Plan. As they explain : "Warburtons has put together a fantastic Hi-Taste, Lo-Fat eating plan created by celebrity chef and mother of three,  Amanda Grant. Many people cut out carbs (such as bread) in order to lose weight, which can lead people to wrongly believe that bread is high in fat, when the opposite is true. Most bread is low in fat – it’s the toppings that people choose that can add fat to bread and bakery. For example, a slice of Warburtons Farmhouse White contains just 1.1g fat.  The two-week Hi-Taste, Lo-Fat eating plan contains five brand new recipes – all of which are nutritious and low in fat. The eating plan can be downloaded from www.facebook.com/warburtons (check out the two week eating plan tab)."

Well, I've been checking out the plan and it looks really good actually. I'll look into doing it properly when I get back from holiday but for the moment, I've been drooling over the recipes :

Breakfast recipe : Fruit Compote with Honey Crumpets & Yogurt
Snack recipe : French Toast with Cinnamon & Berries
Lunch recipe: Homemade Baked Beans with Cheese Pittas
Lunch/Dinner recipe : Salmon & Dill Bread Tarts
Dinner recipe : Crispy Tomato Chicken

Sound good ? OK, I'll be nice and share the recipes with you over the coming weeks ! I might even get the chance to try one or two out, but this week is our "use up everything in the fridge, fruit bowl and cupboard that will go off while we're on holiday" week !

If you fancy getting involved, to help you get started and keep you on track, Warburtons Balanced Diet panelist and nutritionist  Fiona Hunter has prepared some top tips to help everyone following the Hi-Taste, Lo-fat eating plan:

1. Plan ahead and make sure you have all the ingredients you need for meals and snacks. Planning is the key to success, whether you are simply trying to eat more healthily or you want to lose some weight.

2. Focus on what you eat try not to eat in front of the TV, computer or do anything else that will distract you from your food – eat slowly, chew your food properly and enjoy you food – if you eat too quickly it’s easy to miss the signals that your stomach sends to your brain saying you’ve eaten enough.

3. Drink plenty of water it’s very easy to confuse thirst and hunger and when it’s very hot or if you are exercising lot it’s easy to become dehydrated – aim to drink at least 5-­‐6 glasses (1.2litres) of water each day.

4. Eat in colourfive servings of fruit and veg day is the minimum you should be eating. Vegetables are low in fat and full of vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals which all work together to help you stay healthy, try to eat variety of different fruit and vegetables – use the colours of the rainbow as guide and try to eat some fruit or vegetables for each of the colour bands.

5. Eat at regular timesthis will help to keep blood sugar levels stable and keep hunger pangs at bay.



for more information : www.facebook.com/warburtons

Disclosure : Warburtons sent me a couple of loaves of bread and some brioche rolls to help start us off on the  Hi-Taste Lo-Fat 2-week Eating Plan.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :




2 comments:

  1. I'm quite a fan of Warburtons as they've recently introduced quite a few gluten free items ot their range. Theirs seem to be the only gluten free breads and rolls that the supermarkets put alongside their 'normal' bread rather than in a specical free from section. I definitely need to lose some weight and I'm very impressed by your progress. I just can't seem to do it. I follow all the rules (honest) but when I look at photos of me since I started eating healthily I look twice the size of my unhealthy self! Have a fabulous holiday by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much xx I'm just scheduling posts to go live while I'm on holiday with all the recipes from the plan that I mentioned above. If you ever feel like joining in with our weekly weigh-ins, we'd love to have you - there are a few more people joining in with us now which is great for motivation :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...