Tuesday 10 July 2012

Guinness Gourmet Peanuts & Cashews review


Sometimes, I'm offered something to review and my first thought is "OK, I'll give it a go, but it's definitely not something I would have picked up off the shelf in the supermarket myself". Guinness Gourmet Peanuts & Cashews was one of them ! If you've ever eaten peanuts in a pub that someone has accidentally spilt their pint in, you'll know that firstly, they're very soggy, and secondly, beer and nuts are not flavours that complement each other. Would the Guinness be any better ?




Well, in a word, yes ! The flavoured coating doesn't really taste of Guinness to me, it reminded me of beef-flavoured crisps, but Madhouse Daddy Mike said that he could detect a hint of Guinness flavour. There is a generous amount of flavouring on each nut and the blend of peanuts and cashews is well balanced, which isn't always the case. The nuts are lovely and crunchy and taste really fresh.

The 90g grab bag is the perfect size for a generous bowlful to share. The bad news is, they're incredibly moreish so certainly not good news if you're on a diet !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.49 for 90g

available at Sainsbury's and Waitrose

Disclosure : I received two bags of Guinness Gourmet Peanuts & Cashews  in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't like these myself, but my husband is a big guinness fan so he'd love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect snack for my vegetarian family

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...