Sunday 8 July 2012

Sunday weigh-in : Week #8


START WEIGHT : 91.4kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 81.4kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  10kg
STILL TO GO : 15.4kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -300g



Well, this is the week that I said I was going to get back on track but it ended up being a week of two halves, with the first half going up to Thursday afternoon which was the last day of school !

Now it always annoys me when people make excuses about why they absolutely had to eat badly - nobody forces you to put that piece of chocolate in your mouth or not say no to a slice of cake ! - but I'm going to do it myself now ! I was full of good intentions this week for eating well but various things got in the way.

Firstly, as it was the last week of school, the school canteen was using up whatever was left in the freezer/fridge before shutting down for two months. Whereas you usually get the choice of starters, dairy product (cheese or yogurt) and dessert so you can go for salad and fruit, this week was "like it or lump it" week and there was a distinct shortage of fruit and veg or healthy options.

Secondly, on Tuesday there was the end of term leaving do for a colleague who is retiring and I was pretty much force-fed peanuts, crisps and champagne by my headmaster. I did say no every time he offered, honest, but he was quite insistent and I didn't want to be rude - he is my boss after all !

Thirdly, the aforementioned colleague came to work on Thursday laden down with a home made pear and chocolate tart and an apple crumble for the staff room. I said no thanks but she got all offended so, the second time she told me to try a slice (of each - eeek!), I thought I'd better say yes to keep the peace. I did pick the smallest slices but even so ... !

Fourthly, after the leaving do, I went for a quick option for dinner from the freezer and was appalled when I checked the calories/ProPoints afterwards. (Charlie Bigham's Steak & Ale Pies, if you were wondering - utterly delicious but definitely not diet-friendly !)

So, on Friday morning, I jumped on the scales to see what the damage was and saw 82 flash up on the screen - eeek. As promised (to myself), I managed to do what I'd set out to do all week and ate really healthily all day Friday and Saturday (lots of fresh veggies and salad) and I jumped on the scales this morning to see what the final verdict was.

81.4kg - phew ! 300g down on last week which is a tiny loss but it's a loss all the same and, quite frankly, I was expecting worse ! For the next three weeks, I'm at home and can cook healthy meals from scratch all the time so I'm expecting great things. For the Sunday roast today, I've replaced the usual roast potatoes with courgettes and tomatoes in the roasting pan with the chicken and will serve some white rice with it - yum!

I hope diet buddy Jane at 7hippopotamus is feeling equally positive this week - if you'd like to join in on her linky, feel free to make yourselves known ! We're now on a race (a very friendly one !) to see who can lose 40 lbs first !!




Disclosure : I'm currently using a Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and a WeightWatchers Online subscription, in return for honest feedback. I also receive regular hampers of WeightWatchers products, and have also benefited from a one-month Jenny Craig trial.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


8 comments:

  1. So pleased for you, that even after a tough week you still lost. Well done and good luck for next week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing great too - can we do it ? Yes, we can !! xx

      Delete
  2. Well done, your positive attitude will get you there. Sounds like a yummy week though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really annoyed, in the last 6 weeks ( since the dog died) I have been out for 1-2 hrs walking every weekday and a shorter walk after work at weekends always in an evening. I have managed to achieve a weight gain of 7lb. I am not eating any more, I rarely have supper as we out and too late to eat when I get back, and not eating any more or any unhealthier than I did before. Still use my think slimmer as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww sorry to hear about your dog :( Maybe the fact that you're not eating supper is the problem ? - I know skipping meals is always supposed to be a bad idea. Have a chat to Sandra from Thinking Slimmer - she might be able to help you out xx

      Delete
  4. A loss is a loss! Well done you, keep going! :o) xx

    @heatismybible

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...